Chapter 8: Distant

~To The Story~

Nagisa walked out of his kitchen, holding two white mugs that were filled with warm tea. He traced his step towards where you were sitting.

"There you go," Nagisa mumbled settling the warm tea in front of you.

As thanks, you smiled before carefully bringing the teacup close to your lips and softly blowing on it to cool it.

Nagisa sat down across from you, and silently took sips. As he was doing that, his blue eyes glanced over to his couch and saw Karma's black blazer, just sitting there. You were the one to give it to Nagisa as soon as he let you into his home. However, he was mildly confused as to why you had Karma's blazer, to begin with.

That is until you told Nagisa the events of what happened yesterday. Nagisa's first response was to ask if you were okay, and you kept assuring him that you were. You do seem okay. Still, he didn't like what you went through.

What happened? Well before you explained that, you had to tell him that you have a tutor to help teach you math. The boy who has been tutoring you happened to have a girlfriend... She did make it very clear that she didn't want you even near her boyfriend and has told you multiple times to stay away from him and find a new tutor.

Bitch, it's not like you're trying to steal her guy or anything. You're just trying to get a better grade in math. So you told her no, and to leave you alone. It wasn't a big deal if she kept giving empty threats. She even tried to take your hearing aid at one point.

However, the final straw was when you were on your way to see Nagisa and the girl, along with her friends thought it would be soooo funny if they poured buckets of water at you. Which is what lead to what happened yesterday.

Nagisa sighed, then lifted his hand up to sign, "are you sure you're okay?"

You nodded, settling your cup down. "You worry too much," you signed, giving him a comforting smile. It's in the past now and you didn't want to talk about it with him. If this sort of thing happens again, you will deal with it on your own. And, honestly, you were actually switching to a new tutor just so you can this girl off your back.

Nagisa tried to smile, taking in your words. He couldn't help but worry about you. He felt the need to look after you and not let harm come your way. He tried to when the two of you were younger, despite him always being the fragile boy that he is.

Even though he knows you'll be leaving him again soon.

With a deep breath, Nagisa hesitantly signed. "When are you moving again?"

You pursed your lips, with a thoughtful expression, trying to remember the exact date your parents told you. You don't think they gave you an exact date or anything, but you know you can give out a vague answer.

"I believe the..." You stopped moving your hands. "Last week of summer?"

"Ah..." His face fell to sadness for a moment and you noticed.

"We can still text or email each other," you signed, trying to make him feel better.

True, that is an option, but, that still isn't the same as you physically being here with him. Thinking that way, the smile he tried so hard to put on has wavered.

Seeing this, you reached your hand out, using two of your fingers to lift up the corners of his lips, just like you use two when the two of you were little.

Nagisa's blue eyes stared at yours with a shine. Soon, without your assistant, he smiled, cuffing your wrist so he can pull your hands away. You hated that you will be apart from him again, but you'll try very hard to get in contact with him as much as possible. But for now, you just want to spend your days with this boy.