Chapter 9: Tutoring

~To The Story~

You planned on seeing Karma, not actually spend time with him. This normally wouldn't be a big deal, but you seem tenser around him after what happened near the school gate. The only thing that saved you from that awkwardness was when Nagisa and Sugino came into the conversation soon after.

The awkwardness seem to leave when they came and the conversation soon became more smooth, and you completely forgot about that shy feeling when Nagisa invited you to go to the convenience store. As mentioned before, you didn't plan on hanging out with Karma, or even Nagisa, but since you are here, you might as well tag along.

Upon arriving at the convenience store, you and the group split up to get what each of you wanted. You didn't know what to get, so you strolled around, seeing if anything caught your eye.

You stopped to check out some candy bars. You weren't really paying attention to other boys, but you thought you saw Karma on the other side of the shelf you were on. And for some reason, you felt the need to check on him.

Tilting your head up, to see the other side of the shelf, you saw Karma, who apparently doing the same thing as you at the same time. The two of you locked eyes for a second. And in that short time, you flinched and ducked your head down follow by a blush creeping up on you. You didn't expect Karma to be doing the same action as you.

Without checking on him again, you got your phone out to talk to him.

You

Why are you staring at me?

Karma

I'm not.

You're staring.

You

I wasn't.

What were you supposed to say? Tell him that you were just checking on him. Yeah, no way you were going to say that to him of all people.

Karma

Yes you were.

You pursed your lips. You're not crazy, you saw his eyes on you. However, you got the feeling that he would never admit it no matter how many times you accuse him. Slowly, you craned your head up to see if he was looking at you.

He wasn't... he was just gazing at his phone. Most likely waiting for a reply from you.

You

Fine. Whatever

😑

Karma

Why so disappointed~?

Cheeks clouded in pink, you frowned from reading that message. And because of the flush feeling, you texted a bit faster than normal.

You

I'm not!

Let's just drop it already 😡

You hoped he can feel your annoyance radiating off of you as you sent the text message to him.

Karma

😛

You

Does it make you happy when you annoy people?