04 ✦ Upperclassmen

————————————————————

"What's this? You're looking more glum than usual, Megumi." A girl with green hair in a ponytail, carrying a weapon stated. "Are you mourning?" she joked.

"Zenin-senpai." Megumi said.

"Don't call me by my last name!" She scolded him.

"Maki.. Maki..!"

"I'm talking here."

Behind a statue revealed a panda and a male teen. "D-Don't you know why they're so down?" The panda said.

"What are you talking about?"

"A person really died yesterday! A first year boy!"

"Bonito flakes." The other boy with fluffy off-white hair said.

"You should've told me sooner! Now I look like some heartless cold-blooded demon!" Maki said turning to them robotically.

"That's exactly how you came off."

"Salmon."

"You're supposed to try to make me feel better!"

The two, sitting on the steps, were watching the commotion. Nobara turned to look at the male, "Who are they?" she asked, pointing at them with dotted eyes.

"They're the second year upperclassmen."

"You have to be kinder to your juniors." The panda told Maki.

"Is pampering considered being gentle?" she muttered with slightly red cheeks, embarrassed.

"Zenin-senpai is the best of all the students at using cursed tools." Megumi started.

"Salmon roe."

"That's the Cursed Speech user, Inumaki-senpai. He can only speak in ingredients of rice balls." he continued.

"He's gentler when Yuta's around though." Panda pouted, putting a finger on his chin.

"Panda-senpai." he stood up before continuing, "there's one more, Okkotsu-senpai, who's the only one I can respect, but he's overseas right now."

Nobara looked at him, "You're not adding more about the panda named Panda?" she said with the axolotl face.

"Yah, my apologies. Sorry to disturb your mourning.. The truth is, we'd like you to participate in the Kyoto Sisters School Exchange Event." Panda told them.

"Kyoto Sister School Exchange Event? What's that?" Nobara asked, confused.

"It's a get together with the other Tech school in Kyoto. Though, isn't that event mainly second and third years?" The black haired male asked the upperclassmen.

"Those stupid third years are suspended right now, so we need you to participate." Maki answered.

"What do you do at this event? Smash Bros? I won't lose if it's the Wii version. I'll Meteor Smash till you can't come back." The orange haired girl said, holding a fist up.

"The three of us will play together. The exchange will have the principals of the Tokyo and Kyoto schools each propose a form of competition to be held for an entire day over the course of two days. However, don't underestimate it. Every year, the first day is team battles, and the second day is individual battles." Panda said.

"Salmon."

"Individual and team battles? ....we fight?! Against other jujutsu sorcerers?!" Nobara said with wide eyes. ⊙_⊙

Maki grinned, "Yeah, it's a jujutsu battle without rules. Anything except killing."

"We'll train you up well so you won't get killed. Yeah, yeah, yeah!" Panda said, punching the air.