16 ✦ New Mission

————————————————————

"Hey, are you listening?! I told you! The auto-lock door was left wide open! Don't make me repeat myself! I told you this last week, too! Why am I paying such high management fees?! Huh?! Screw you! Do it today! Come inspect it right now! I'll kill you!" a man yelled into the phone as the lights in the background flickered.

All of a sudden, without him noticing, a curse.. appeared behind him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"June, Morioka, Kanada Taichi. August, Yokohama, Shimida Osamu. September, Nagoya, Yamato Hiroshi. These three died in similar circumstances. They were stabbed to death by a cursed spirit at the entrances to their apartments, and all of them had filed the same complaint with the property managers several weeks before dying." one of the managers of Jujutsu High, Nitta Akari explained.

"They claimed their auto-locking doors were left wide open. No other residents have any idea what happened." she continued while driving.

Y/N was sitting in the passengers seat, listening attentively to the manager's explanation. The other three were looking at the tablet in Megumi's hands.

"None of the dates or locations match, though. Could the same cursed spirit have killed them all?" the black haired male questioned.

"Hey, could the cursed spirit be responsible for the doors? Do sensors like those pick up cursed spirits? They don't show up on cameras and stuff, right?" Yuji asked the manager.

"Apparently, the cursed spirit made the door operators go crazy, not the sensor."

"Operators..?"

"And as for whether or not the same cursed spirit was behind this... Well, we couldn't be certain from just the residuals. After all, a lot of time had already passed. So we tried to track down any connections between the three. We found that all three attended the same middle school for two years."

"Meaning all three received the same curse, and it activated after time had passed?" Nobara said, holding her chin in a thinking pose.

The pink haired male looked at her in amazement when she finished her sentence.

"Precisely. That's highly likely." Y/N simply answered, looking out the window.

"That's why we're going to that middle school now to question someone the three victims all knew. I want you four to see what you can find as sorcerers." Akari finished.

"Way to go, Kugisaki!" Yuji praised with a wide smile.

The girl smirked and flipped her hair, "Heh. What did you expect?"

The other two just deadpanned at their conversation.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

✩ Morishita Family Funeral ✩

11:00 a.m.

"A funeral?" Yuji said.

"Is this the home of that acquaintance?" Nobara asked.

"Yes, it is." Akari said as they continued to head to a different destination, "Well, this sucks. He died the same way the other three did. He lived with his family, so there was no auto-locking door, but was killed in front of the entrance. Previously, upon returning home alone, he told his family members that the door was unlocked but it wouldn't open."

.
.
.
.
.

✩Saitama Municipal Urami East Middle School✩

"I asked his parents, too, but they said they didn't know what relationship he had with the other three. Man, there goes our only lead!" Akari sighed, slouching in disappointment.