18 ✦ Ending

Last chapter!

————————————————————

Suguru, Mahito and Choso are playing some type of board game when suddenly, Choso paused his movements.

"Geto, the stock certificate." the other curse said.

"What's the matter, Choso?" the long haired male spoke up after seeing him freeze.

"Hurry up~" Mahito whined.

Right after he finished his words, Choso broke the piece in his hand, making his eyes widen.

"Hey! Don't break the pieces!"

"My younger brothers died." Choso muttered in anger.

"You can tell?" Geto asked in astonishment.

"What's going on? It's one thing if he was fully manifested, but I find it hard to believe those two were killed by a single finger of a cursed spirit." the black haired said in disbelief.

Not caring about the tension in the room, the patch face curse continued to mumble, "Gosh, do we have any more? Why aren't there spares?" he pouted while looking around.

Then, Geto's phone made a noise, "hold on." he said before checking his notifications.

"And why did you break it?" the curse continued complaining.

Geto's eyes widened slightly before letting out a chuckle, "We just received a report. Eso, Kechizu were killed by the first years of Jujutsu High." he stated as the curse who was whining immediately stopped and leaned his back onto the chair.

"Itadori Yuji and their group, huh." he grinned.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"The number you have dial-"

"I knew it! They're not answering! Where did those brats go?!" Akari yelled out in frustration before speeding down the road.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Kugisaki, are you okay?" Yuji asked as they walked through the forest.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, though it might leave scars. I wonder if Shoko-san is awake. Or even sober." she answered before turning to him, "and why in the world are you fidgeting? It's creepy."

"I was just.. wondering if this was your first time.. killing. Instead of exorcising."

She turned her eyes back to the path, "What about you?"

He looked down sadly, "I did it once before.. No, I guess it isn't fair to call it once. It was two people."

"I think you're doing worse than me here. To be blunt, this was nothing to me. These things happen when you're a sorcerer." she simply stated and glanced at him from the corner of her eyes before continuing, "we don't have room to worry about whether they are cursed spirits or cursed users. Even if they were human, we don't have a technique to keep anyone that strong restrained long-term. You know that, right?"

"But! But.. he cried when he saw his brother die before him."

Not knowing what to say, she could only continue walking in silence.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"F-Fushiguro?!"

The said male slowly opened his eyes and looked up at them, "Oh, you're back. I'm glad you're safe." he said weakly.

Yuji and Nobara both sighed in relief.

"I-I was so scared! I thought you were dead! Thank goodness!" they said with their hands clasped together.