Chapter 17 - Choices (Part 2)

Woo! Today's been a stressful one for more than one reason. 

Sending positive vibes everyone's way <3 

A couple more chapters for this story, and they'll be long ones. I'll update as soon as I can, I promise. 

I just wanted to say that I really love this fandom and I know get a little crazy sometimes but I've met some wonderful people through here and through Tumblr and I'm SO thankful for that. The energy we all emit too...for them to truly love us as fans is seriously something so special. I'm proud to know you guys and I hope I meet more of you with time.

One last author's note, once I'm completely done with all my stories I'll no longer be writing fan fiction. I started doing it about a year ago and I couldn't get over the reaction to I got over the first chapter of 'One Night'. It turned into a four book series and I'm honestly really proud of how it came out. Then my one-shots, which this story came out of, and of course This House Is Not A Home. You guys show me nothing but support and I'm sorry to just be talking about myself but you guys just have made me feel so good about myself this past year. I thank you all for that. 

I truly love you guys. <3

Enjoy the chapter, next one coming soon!

---

Mitch's POV

“Scott, what’s wrong?” I repeated for the third time and received no answer back. I hooked the radio back onto my pants in frustration and looked around the area that I had stopped in. The thunder echoed through the dying trees and sent a haunting feeling through my body. “Scott?!” I yelled into the radio.

“Relax, don’t abuse these things.” Kevin scolded me through the radio. “He could be dealing with something, just wait for him to answer.”

“What’s the point of that?!” I snarled quietly back. “What’s the point of even having these if we can’t even answer each other?”

No one answered me back and I scoffed before storming off deeper into the woods. A nervous pit was sitting right in my stomach, telling me that something was terribly wrong. Betty was intimidated by Scott or at least she let on that she was. He had overthrown her and gotten us out of trouble just by pure train of thought. She wouldn’t go near something she was afraid of.

I gulped at the thought of her touching Scott. She was manipulative and untrustworthy. Scott always tried to see the good in people and was naïve when it came to making enemies. He may have known more about people in general, but I knew about the evil more than he could ever know.

Though, here I was, knowing my boyfriend was possibly in danger and I left him alone. He didn’t understand his power and he didn’t understand his weapons. He had no idea what was going on but his heart was so big and full of love that he’d do anything to protect us. To protect me.

“Oh my God…” I started to panic and turned around to set on my way to find him, but I was stopped when I saw a man standing some ten feet in front of me. “Who are you?” I asked defensively.

“Are you Mitch?” The deep voiced man asked.

I nodded cautiously and stepped back as he moved slightly forward. “You are?”

“Bruce.” He said. “Betty’s friend.”

I kept my stance. I clutched the stun gun in my hand and faced towards him as he began to speak.

“She wants to speak with you.”

I scrunched my face. “She…does?” I asked. “She told me she was done talking…”