Chapter 9 - Storm

I'm back :D a week from now I will be on an update schedule that is posted on my profile. I'm going to be coming out with another full length story soon! 

Congratulations to Deanne Adams for getting Midge the Neko published!!!!!! I haven't read it yet because I'm a loser and have fallen desperately behind but it's in my library waiting for me! <3

Please vote and comment. Love you guys <3

---

I felt numb as I sat in the backseat of the cab that led us back to the fairgrounds. I already knew Scott was going to be angry with me, and now I wasn’t sure of what to tell him. He knew I was petrified of going out on my own into the city. I never took any interest in them until he came along.

I paid the cab driver and then started my walk towards where our trailers were set up. Avi was standing by one of the trees, reading a book and looking like he was up to no good. I eyed him as I walked by, his green charcoal lined eyes meeting mine as I did.

“Where were you?” He asked. “Your pet was panicking.”

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t call him that.” I scolded. “I had an errand to run.”

He laughed deeply. “Yeah, right.” He said and slammed the book shut before walking up to my side. We started to walk back together. “You never go out on your own.”

I shrugged. “I was feeling adventurous.”

“Liar.” He said. “I know you too well.”

I shot him a look and refrained from saying anything back. Truth was, I barely knew Avi anymore. He’d changed far too much.

“What’s on your mind?” He asked me as we walked on. “You’re biting your lips.”

I licked my lips subconsciously and shut my eyes for a moment. He did know me too well; biting my lips meant I was thinking about something serious. “It’s nothing…” I said quietly.

I sped up as we reached the trailers with him following behind me. I opened the trailer door to find Kirstie and Scott sitting on my couch talking to one another. Their eyes shot up to me and I smiled at them. They both looked at me with a million questions begging to leave their mouths.

“Here’s your phone.” I threw the phone on the couch and then turned to take my jacket off. When I turned back around, Scott had his hands up in confusion.

“Why did you take my phone?” He asked me, picking it up and then shoving it in his pocket. “Where were you?”

“I had errands to run.”

Avi audibly laughed behind me and I shot him a dirty look. “Go hang out with Kevin, please.” I told him and he exited the trailer with a smile on his face.

“Errands?” He asked me.

Kirstie stood up at this point. “Mitch you never run errands…” She said. “What’s going on?”

I crossed my arms. “It’s no one’s business!” I couldn’t come up with one good thing to say to them. I was starting to panic instead. They both gave me odd looks, but Kevin called for Kirstie and she left the trailer without another word. She shut the door and my nerves began to set in even more. I was alone with Scott.

“Is everything okay?” He asked me, looking at me with a mix of confusion, anger, and sadness. I didn’t want him feeling like this around me.

“I’m fine.” I told him. “Everything’s fine.” I stepped forward and leaned up to kiss him on the lips. He still looked down at me unsure, but he nodded.