Chapter 20: Revenge

KAIUS'S POV

The ground is red but not red enough. Only a few splatters here and there.

Die. Fucking die.

I just want this man to die. He doesn't deserve to be called by his name.

Warm blood colors my knuckles as I force them into his face. Again and again, I force him to lose a tooth. Sometimes it's a bone from his torn nose, sometimes it's a piece of his tongue.

I leave enough for him to be able to tell me what he did.

I pause and walk away, drying my hands off with a towel.

"P...please. I told you everything."

"I know. It's what you told me that pisses me off."

I walk over to him and grab his jaw. He screams out in pain.

"It all makes perfect sense now. You fucked up sad little shit of a man is why everything has been so hard for her."

"Please... forgive me."

I jerk my hand from his face, making his head snap back. He cringes due to the whiplash I purposefully give him.

"That's up for her to decide."

I head out of the room, determined to find my fiancé. Recently we haven't been talking. It is driving me and my wolf insane.

I head down the hall after telling my guards I'll be back.

I want so badly to kiss her again, to feel her shudder in my arms. But I know that if I try anything, I'll lose control. She doesn't understand why I didn't want her speaking to that man and she is angry at me. But I can't tell her. She won't see me the same if I tell her who I am and my past.

She hates authority especially from werewolves. She will despise me.

____________
HIRAETH'S POV

Black paws pound against the ground.

A flash of fur.

More pounding but this time it's my heart.

Another flash of fur.

Whining like that of a dog.

Paws skidding to a stop, eyes wide with fear.

The wolf stops at the edge of the cliff and turns to me in fear. I stand in all my glory and stare down at the monster who fucked up my life.

My sister was an angel. She would have been a beauty and had a perfect mate who loved her and treasured her.

The wolf takes a step back as I take a step forward.

My mother loved her babies and died trying to save my sister. My baby sister and my dear mother didn't stand a chance.

The wolf looks at me with pleading eyes.

He gave me this burning hatred in my chest that won't go away. The smallest spark of dominance ignites the flame and causes me to hate my own mate. He doesn't deserve this. I DON'T DESERVE THIS.

That's when I lunge forward. Ripping and tearing into the neck of the fucker who did the same to my family's necks.

As I am lost to the shade of red and the copper taste in my mouth, I realize what I'm using to kill him.

I use my black paws to claw into his chest cavity. My teeth rip out his jugular and my black fur sprays with crimson liquid.

I am a black wolf. I feel power surge through me as I take my revenge. My golden eyes rage with hatred and a flame that won't burn out. I feel myself losing to the wolf within me...