Chapter 28: Unstoppable

The phone calls I made while on the plane were to every person who would listen to me. Everyone I could think of why would help in our fight against Fenris, my father, his men, and his werewolves.

Kaius had several men investigate several attacks and we know how dangerous the situation is. Under our noses, Fenris has gathered almost every rogue, every power hungry Alpha, every money thirsty human. There are more attacks than we realized. At first we thought it was just the large ones but now we know that in the past year, Fenris has been responsible for over 100 attacks around the world, big and small.

Now, Fenris is bringing everything and everyone he has a hold of to attack the King and take his throne. Most people are on Kaius's side but that does not make Fenris's army any less powerful and dangerous.

From high above the grand throne room, I can see many people entering. They cannot see me or Kaius as we watch from a hidden spot on a balcony. Not only are they all here for the new war effort but to also meet me, the new Queen.

Mr. Harper is greeting everyone at the door in his blue suit. Most of the people I don't recognize and that is because they work with Kaius.

However, as the sea of people file in, I begin to pick out people I know. Alec and his Alpha enter in similar suits. Alec's Luna is on the Alpha's arm and Alec shakes Mr. Harper's hand. I told him I had killed the man who took Prairie from us. I should have waited for Alec because he would have wanted to be there to avenge his mate's death. However, Alec is not mad at me but happy that he is gone.

"That is John Cap, a man I have worked closely with all of my life." Kaius says, pointing out the next man to walk through the tall glass doors.

After him is a tall woman with black hair cascading down her back. "That is Serena Black. She is the most powerful Alpha Female in the world and a very intelligent woman."

I see Serena Black approach Ryder and Lucy as they greet everyone farther into the throne room.

I then notice Mr. and Mrs. Orpal, the Loren Family led by Kyle Loren, and many other people who I had called. I have known them since investigating my father and they always took my side. I know they will be proud to see where I am.

While there is a very large number of people at this large scale meeting, they are all trusted individuals. Kaius and I must keep our faces from the public to maintain control over the world. This is what every King and Queen must do.

"It is time, my love." I hear Kaius say from behind me. I turn to him and see his golden eyes studying me.

"Everything is going to change, isn't it?"

He nods and I feel his arms wrap around my waist. "We will be together every step of the way." He kisses the top of my head before pulling away and into the room connected to the balcony.

The room quickly hushes as Beta Ryder steps onto the platform at the end of the long throne room. He takes a seat in a chair with spirals and carvings depicting the story of the world's first Beta.

Next Beta Female Lucy in her delicate pink dress approaches the stage. Her throne is the same size as Ryder's but with the story of the first Beta Female and how she met her mate.

Next to both of them are two larger thrones that remain empty.

After a few moments, there is a deep huffing sound echoing through the throne room. Every voice that had been whispering hushes instantly as a wave of power enters the room. Candles flicker and most go out, casing the room into a harsh glow from the remaining candles.

The archways and pillars around the room receive a harsh shadow, making them seem intimidating. The chandeliers above stay light with their hundreds of candles, making the ceiling look like a starry night sky.