Daddy Issues👨‍👧

Beyoncè's father, Matthew Knowles, was once a troubled youth just like her

Beyoncè's father, Matthew Knowles, was once a troubled youth just like her. His father wasn't around and his mother always favored his younger brother over him. Mainly because they had different fathers. She loved her youngest son's father. But she took out the hate and bitterness she had against Matthew's dad on him.

With that being said, his father's absence and his mother's verbal and sometimes physical abuse led him to leave home at 15 years old. At that age, Matthew got a young woman who was 19 years old pregnant. Since she was pregnant by a minor and she herself was a full time college student with no job, she decided to give the baby up for adoption.... 

By the time Matthew was 17, he had impregnated two different young ladies. One of them being Tina Devine, Beyoncè's mother. His son, Christopher, and his daughter, Beyoncè, were born only 3 days apart. He was active in the children's lives up until they were around 4 years old. During that time, Matthew had got caught up with selling drugs and was in and out of jail. He barely came to visit Christopher or Beyoncè.

(Beyoncè and her brother Christopher at their Sweet 16 birthday dinner a year prior

(Beyoncè and her brother Christopher at their Sweet 16 birthday dinner a year prior. Of course, Matthew wasn't present..)

"Beyoncè's daddy ain't shit! Just another deadbeat that doesn't want anything to do with his own kids! All he knows how to do is sell dope and get locked up", is what Beyoncè would often hear her grandmother, Loretta, say to whomever would listen. And when she would go spend time with her brother Chris, his mother would tell them, "Y'all daddy probably got more kids out here. So don't be surprised if y'all see other kids that look like y'all!"

As much as Beyoncè couldn't stand Solange, every time she looked at her she thought about what Christopher's mother always said. Later that night when Beyoncè had returned home, Onika woke her up in the middle of the night. Cicely and Karen loosened up and let the two girls sleep together.

"Beyoncè, I'm hungry", Onika whined to her girlfriend.

"Babe, it's almost 2 am. Why are you hungry?", Beyoncè asked.

"I don't know, but I am", Onika told her.

"Ok...let's go to the kitchen", Beyoncè said.

When the girls got downstairs, they saw Solange in the kitchen. They were shocked to see her crying. She was reading a text that obviously upset her. She responded to the text and then slammed her phone down. Once she noticed Beyoncè and Onika, she quickly dried her tears.