Chapter 22

ㅡ ONE MONTH LATER ㅡ

sunoo and sunghoon have already dated for a month. things weren't that romantic like what sunoo imagined but he was greatful to label sunghoon as his. though he feels like there's something suspicious about this whole releationship with sunghoon.

he's been going out every night and sunoo has no idea where he goes. sunoo even asked him one time but sunghoon said that he needed to take care of some things in school. sunoo being the overthinker he is, didn't believe what he said.

"hi hoon" sunoo greeted him as soon as he entered sunoo's room. sunghoon didn't respond and threw himself on sunoo's bed sighing "how was school today?" sunoo asked, feeling a bit bitter that he didn't even bother to greet him as well. but he ignored that.

"good. just a little tired" sunghoon replied without any emotions in his voice "okay you can rest there for a while. I'll study" sunoo said. once again, sunghoon didn't reply anything. sighing, sunoo continued reading his books.

sunoo realized that his history textbook was lost so he started looking for it. he approached the table sunghoon's bag was in and checked if the book was inside, just incase sunghoon decided to borrow. as he opened his bag, he saw an unsealed perfume and chocolates.

he wondered who it was for, until he remembered that his birthday was tomorrow. sunoo blushed and closed the zipper of sunghoon's bag. he continued looking for his history textbook, squealing from time-to-time. he never thought that sunghoon would buy him a gift for his birthday.

heck, he didn't even think he was gonna greet him.

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ

once again, sunghoon made up another excuse to sunoo just so he could spend some time with jake. he walked to the bridge where the both of them decided to meet up and spotted jake staring at the water below.

"jakey~" sunghoon sang. jake looked behind him and saw sunghoon jumping up and down whilst approaching him "hi hoon" Jake said "you wanted to see me?" sunghoon asked "yes" jake replied

"oh wait before anything else, here. I stopped by the mall with Jay a while ago and wanted to buy you something" sunghoon said and gave him a paper bag. Jake looked inside and saw a perfume and two boxes of chocolates "you didn't have to hoon. but thank you" jake said.

"okay so what's up?" sunghoon asked

"I wanna tell you the real reason I broke up with you"

Flashback

"jake right?" a boy asked Jake. "yep! can I help you?" jake replied happily. he was in a good mood because sunghoon asked him on another date "I don't want you to think that I'm crossing the line by disrespecting your privacy but I have to tell you something" the boy replied.

".. okay?" jake replied with a tone of confusion in his voice "let's go to a place where no one can hear us. we wouldn't like any unnecessary rumors to spread do we?" the boy said and brought Jake to an empty classroom.

the boy closed the door. Jake nervously tapped his feet on the floor and waited for the boy to speak "you're dating sunghoon right?" he asked jake "w- wait how did you know?!" jake asked him "okay so you are dating him. well, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to let you hear this recording" he replied and shoved his phone out of his pocket.

he opened the recording app and looked for the audio. once he found it, he gave it to Jake and signaled him to play it.

: do you like someone?

: yes i do. he looks like a fox and I wanna keep him in my pocket

: oh.. is it sunoo?

: yes him. I like him

: if you were to pick between Jake and sunoo, who would you pick?

: sunoo. I only see Jake as a friend haha

the recording stopped and Jake looked at the boy confused "why are you showing me this? who are these people talking?" jake asked and hoped that he wouldn't say sunghoon's name. because it sounded like him.

"the one asking the questions is me. the other person... it's sunghoon. I'm sorry Jake hyung I really am. but I didn't want to hide this from you. I suggest you start fixing your relationship with him" the boy replied "no.. that's not him!" jake yelled, his eyes becoming teary.

"I'll give you some time alone.." the boy said "w- wait... what's your name?" jake said in between his cries.

"call me ta-ki"

End Of Flashback

"what?!" sunghoon yelled and jake hung his head low "jake that's not me! I would always pick you and you only!" sunghoon said

"sunghoon-ah. you don't have to hide. that recording and you dating sunoo is already enough proof. I wanted to tell you because I didn't want to leave you thinking why I broke up with you. don't worry it's okay. your heart belongs to him, I respect that and will support your relationship. it may hurt for a while but don't worry, I'll recover soon" jake said with a reassuring smile.

sunghoon felt his heart melt. he really did think that Jake was the purest and kindest person in the world "jake. I don't fucking know who ta-ki is. isn't that food? like the chips? I eat it sometimes and my toilet suffers afterwards-" sunghoon cut his sentence off.

"sorry. but that really isn't me! I swear! I knew for a long time that sunoo liked me, if I liked him back, then you and I would never date" sunghoon said "but the recording-"

"it sounds like the person replying is forcing their voice to sound like someone else. it does sound like me but only a little" sunghoon said "but-" jake stopped talking when he saw sunoo behind them.

"s- sunoo! hello!" jake said "why are you guys together?" sunoo asked "well you see-" jake was gonna make up an excuse but sunghoon butted in "jake I don't wanna keep on hiding. I'm done with this. sunoo, jake and I used to date and we broke up because someone set me up. I used you in hopes of Jake getting jealous and so he would run back to me. we're really really sorry" sunghoon said with guilt.

_________________

I'll update another chapter (maybe 2 chapters😋) in a few hours, its not finished yet but yeah I will KSCEKDCEKDCDKSV. Vote for enha on mama btw!

the concert got me crying a whole ocean :'(