Chapter 40

sunoo stood up, shocked "taki you have to stop lying! the first thing you did when you and ni-ki met was ask for his number!" he yelled "if you want me to give you an explanation. you have to sit down" taki said, taking another slice of his cake and ate it.

the older had no choice but to obey. nothing was making sense to him so he needed an explanation. it took a while for taki to start speaking at first so there was silence lingering through the coffee shop. at last, taki finally started talking.

"sure it was ni-ki i was interested in at first. the original plan was for me to take him instead of you but as time passed, i felt myself looking forward to seeing you more and more so thats when i knew that you were the one i wanted in life. the first move was to set you up with sunghoon. i kept an eye on him and jake then found out later on that they were secretly in a relationship. i took that as an advantage"

taki paused for a while and chuckled "i made them break up. i had a friend who could mimick anyone's voice, so i asked him to copy sunghoon's voice using his past interviews at school as an example. i made him say stuff like oh no i like sunoo i dont like jake! it was pretty funny actually, because when i let jake hear the recording, he believed it like a total loser"

"if you're wondering why i set you up with sunghoon, it's because i knew he would tell you the truth one day. he just used you so jake would come back to him, im sure you already know that. i expected you to get mad at him then run to me because you had no one else, but you didn't and that pissed me off"

"well it seemed like everything was over when ni-ki and i left for japan. fortunately, we had the choice to live here again" taki gave him a warm smile "what made you think i would want to be with someone like you?!" sunoo yelled.

the short male nodded and stood up "well i know i dont stand a chance and i wont force you to give me one. my parents never had any time to give me the love i deserved as a child so i grew up thinking i could just get anything i want, forgetting that other people have feelings too" taki looked down on the floor.

"im sorry. i know an apology isnt enough for everything ive done but i really do mean it. you guys just wanted to have a peaceful relationship and i ruined that" taki said "ive learned my lesson and i'll leave the both of you alone now"

before the younger could even leave the place, sunoo grabbed his wrists and stopped him "i forgive you" sunoo said, smiling.

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ

sunoo took his shoes off as he entered jay and ni-ki's house and got himself a glass of water in the kitchen "hi" he jumped when he heard ni-ki behind him, almost spilling the water he was holding "what if i drown you in the pool" he glared at the younger and placed his hand on his chest.

ni-ki giggled and placed the glass of water he was holding on the counter "how did it go?" he asked, snaking his arms on sunoo's small waist "it went well. very well. he told me everything and apologized afterwards" sunoo replied and wrapped both of his arms on ni-ki's neck.

"he did? what did he say?" he asked "a lot. im too tired to tell you everything so i'll just tell you tomorrow" sunoo said "hm. can you give me a quick kiss please? ive been wanting to taste that mint choco flavor" the younger looked at him "you hate mint choco!" sunoo shot him a glare.

ni-ki gave him an evil grin and was about to say something but sunoo pulled away from the position they were in "you know what just dont say anything" sunoo said, trying to hide the red hue on his cheeks "come on hyung just one!" ni-ki whined.

he grabbed sunoo's wrist and pulled him close. sunoo rolled his eyes and gave him a quick peck "one more" ni-ki said "you said one!" sunoo faked a cry "please~"

sunoo giggled and started leaning in. their lips touched for a few minutes and they pulled away trying to catch their breaths "if you ask for one more im gonna kill you" he joked.

ㅡ ♡ ㅡ

"sunghoon if you dont shut the fuck up i will shave all your hair" jay threatened, holding a fork to scare the other "not my precious hair! you're just jealous because you have dandruff!" sunghoon shot back "i do not have dandruff!" jay threw his slipper in sunghoon's direction.

jungwon looked at the scene in front of him and frowned. he approached the two who were on the ground choking each other "jay" jungwon said with a hint of irritation in his voice. the other immediately stood up and flashed him a smile, hiding the fact that he was so close to pissing his pants.

"yes my jungwon?" he replied. jungwon rolled his eyes and walked away "ju- jungwonie aye dont leave me with him!" jay whined and hugged jungwon's arm. sunghoon laughed and stuck his tongue out at jay who was already getting yelled at by his boyfriend.

when he stood up, he was met by jake who was holding a spatula "i.. fed the dogs.. already.." sunghoon visibly gulped "do you want to taste what heeseung hyung and i made? its tastes heavenly!" jake cheered, dragging sunghoon out of the campfire.

"riki can you help me here please?" sunoo asked. ni-ki stood up and looked around but he didn't see sunoo anywhere "where are you?" ni-ki asked "in here!" sunoo replied. ni-ki looked at where the sound was from and laughed. the older was inside the tent placing the tent poles to where they were supposed to be placed.

ni-ki helped him and once they were done, sunoo gave him a peck on the cheek as a reward. god ni-ki could never get tired of them.

a few hours later when everyone was already sleeping inside their tents, two males snuck out of theirs and ran to the nearby lake quietly. once they arrived, ni-ki placed a mat on the ground to keep their clothes clean "this is perfect!" sunoo said.

they both settled down on the mat and inhaled the fresh air "cant moments like these just last forever?" sunoo rested his head on his shoulders and interwined his fingers with ni-ki's "oh i wish" the younger chuckled "hyung" ni-ki said. sunoo looked at him and replied with a hum.

"what happens next?" he asked him "we've only been together for a few months and so much has happened already. how will this relationship we have, end?" he added "you brat can you not say stuff like that while im in a good mood? i know theres an end to everything, so we have to cherish every single moment. bad or good" sunoo said.

ni-ki smiled "what would have happened if i never agreed to that deal" the younger laughed "sunghoon didn't like me anyways so im one hundred percent sure we'd still date" sunoo chuckled. ni-ki kissed his temple and cupped both of his cheeks "can i kiss you?" he asked him.

"you dont even have to ask" sunoo replied. ni-ki closed the gap between their faces and let their lips touch. no matter how many times their lips already met, it never failed to give the both of them butterflies. just one kiss, and they fall deeper.

this wasn't the ending sunoo once wanted, but now that ni-ki was a part of his life, he couldn't even wish for something better than this. the both of them were grateful that they found each other, even after getting lost so many times.

seon with ni-ki and sunghoon with sunoo? that sounded silly. things really did take a turn but one thing was clear. it was still a win-win.

- END -