Chapter 19: "You Are My Family"

Shawn and I were thrilled when we were able to move in with Rachel, loving sharing the same home. Plus, I loved spending time with her too. She was gradually becoming one of my new friends, since Topanga was busy with Cory.

"Did you want in the shower first," Shawn checked, standing in his bathrobe as I blushed faintly.

"I don't care." I crossed my arms in my pajamas, looking off to the side as I sensed his smile.

"You want to take one together? Ow!" I had playfully slapped his arm, him laughing quietly. "I was only kidding."

"I know," I half smirked, finding myself at the refrigerator to grab breakfast.

"I'll be quick," he promised, me biting my lower lip as I cracked an egg to make an omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese. When Shawn came back out, his hair freshly wet from his shower, I couldn't help but smile again.

"I'll go in there now. I made you an omelet."

"I love you," he gratefully expressed, me giving him a short peck before bathing. Once I was ready for the day we headed for our first class. It was crazy how Cory and Topanga ended up having to stay in a horrible apartment, since they couldn't afford something nicer. I felt bad for them, but eventually they made the situation better. I was sitting with Shawn on the couch in our place as we just talked for a bit.

"You're jealous of Cory and Topanga's dirthole, aren't you," I questioned.

"You have to admit they did it all on their own. What we have isn't real. I mean, it's a place where other people help us to pay the rent. All we're doing is playing house."

"Are you saying that you want to decide on a wedding date?"

"I guess I am," he softly smiled, sitting up a bit straighter as my eyes sparkled.

"Okay, so what should it be?"

"What about in the next month?"

I giggled quietly before thinking for a short time. "December 13th? That way we could maybe have a Christmas like wedding? Do you think we could have it at Cory's house? Their place is so perfect for weddings."

"We can ask them, but yeah, December 13th sounds good."

"That's so soon, but I guess we're only inviting the people closest to us."

"Yeah." He bit his lower lip briefly before raising his eyebrows for a moment. "I don't have very many of those."

"You'll always have me, okay?"

"That's what you keep saying," he faintly laughed, causing me to kiss him while smiling.

I knew it was bad timing when Shawn was tracking down his real mom around Cory's dad's birthday, our wedding literally in only a few days. He ended up getting discouraged when he didn't find anything, and he showed up to the party drunk. I was worried about him, glad when Cory went after him when he had a bit of an outburst and left. When Shawn returned it was heartwarming that the Matthews offered for him to be adopted into their family anytime. He was declining the offer, but he would remember it.

I rubbed Shawn's back as I stood next to him, his black leather jacket making him look sexy. His hair had finally fully grown back into the curtain bangs, and I just couldn't keep my hands off him. I was really attracted to him in that style, stealing kisses and sitting as close as possible.

I nibbled on his ear as he laughed a bit awkwardly, leaning forward to put his drink on the coffee table, so no one would catch us on the sofa.

"What's gotten into you," he quietly asked, a smile twitching at his lips.

"I'm sorry. You just look so handsome today, and in a few days we'll be closer than ever."

"You're crazy. For Cory and Topanga it was reversed. He couldn't wait to be with her."

"Aren't you looking forward to the honeymoon too?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if I am as much as you," he teased, me harmlessly whacking his arm before leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so honored to be called a Hunter."

"You'd be the first. Most people avoid us," he stated, raising his eyebrows temporarily.

"Do you want to get a pet after we're married?"

"What? Like a dog?"

"Yeah, I've never really had one. I mean, I've had goldfish and hamsters, but that's about it."

"Sure. We can pick one out together."

"I love you," I kissed his cheek softly, blinking my eyes to find us on our wedding day in the same house.

When it came time to read our vows, my hands were shaking as I took the piece of paper out. "Shawn, I had such a secret, big crush on you for such a long time. I literally was starting to do bad in school, because all I could think about was you. That was high school, and somehow we ended up being a couple, and now here we are in college on our wedding day. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're my best friend and my soulmate, and that's not a combination usually found. I love you with all of my heart."

Shawn almost seemed like he was blinking back a tear as he did his own speech. "I didn't write anything down, because I just couldn't put anything on paper. When I was growing up I didn't have a normal mom and dad, or a regular family like everybody else, and I always knew something was missing, but now I'm standing here today, knowing that I have everything I'm ever going to need. You are my family." I wanted to fling my arms around Shawn right then and there as I nearly cried, everything else a blur before the big kiss. After we parted I smiled at how everyone was applauding and standing for us, giving Cory and Topanga a hug first.

"I can't believe we really did this," Shawn commented as we shared our first dance.

"I can't believe it either."

"I can't believe you somehow managed to wear your gum ball ring, engagement ring, and wedding ring on the same hand."

"I said I would wear it forever, didn't I? And I'll wear the others forever too. I love you so much, Shawn."

"I love you so much too," he responded, us soon on a plane that took us to paradise. I think it was the same resort that Cory and Topanga honeymooned at. I giggled as Shawn carried me over the threshold, plopping me on the bed with green palm leaves all over the covers for the design. I kicked off my flip flops as he sat beside me, resting his wrist on his folded up knee before looking over at me. I swore I had never experienced so many butterflies and nerves. "Are you ready to do this?"

"Come here." I placed my hands on his face before bringing him in for a kiss. We were making out for awhile until he suddenly stopped, confusing me.

"Are you okay? You're shaking all over." His blue orbs gazed into my brown as I faked a smile.

"I'm just really nervous. Now that it's actually here I'm so scared."

"Hey, it's just me. I promise that you're in good hands."

"I know, I just don't want to do something stupid."

"Trust me, I'm sure I'll do something stupid too."

"But I thought you were an expert at everything when it came to women."

"Yeah, well, to other women maybe, but not to you. I'm nervous out of my mind too."

"You want to be nervous together?"

"Yeah." He gave me his classic, endearing smile before we began kissing again, eventually sharing the most romantic night of our lives.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm so happy that Shawn and Kimberly are married in the story now! :) Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3 Also, I couldn't resist but use Phoebe's speech from her wedding in "Friends" for Shawn. I just thought it fit for him perfectly. <3