Chapter 23 - The Bludger

"Don't you dare touch my leg!! Look what you did to Harry!!!"

~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV

The Quidditch Gryffindor team woke up early without Oliver Wood being their morning alarm. Even if they were the best players of Gryffindor team of the age, they were little nervous. Slytherin team had the newest and fastest broom Nimbus 2001. Everyone in Slytherin team had it, thanks to Draco. The Kims had them too. But they thought what if Slytherin's brooms gives them better luck.

Everyone was excited for the first match of the year. Specially since that it was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. As always everyone -except Slytherin- wanted to see Slytherin lose to Gryffindor. But they didn't knew that the Gryffindor team was under alot of pressure.

They stood at the dressing rooms, Waiting for their Captain to say his encouraging words before the match, they needed it.

Wood cleared his throat "Slytherin has better brooms than most of us" He begun, looking at the Kim siblings who just looked at each other. "No point denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. we've trained harder than they have, we've been flying in all weathers---"

"Too true" George muttered, Wood didn't listened him and continued

"and we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime...Malfoy, he bought his way into their team." Feeling the anger, Wood turned to Harry "It'll be down to you, Harry, to show them that a seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get that Snitch before Malfoy even sees it or die trying." Wood said at Harry, heaving with emotion and turned to the Chasers.

"You three....show them what real Chasers with talent can do.." The Chasers smiled at him. Wood turned to the Weasley twins "You two....be how you two always are..your mischievous can help us in a way. Because...We've got to win today....We've got to" Wood said to his team his team. who smiled at him.

"No offence Wood, But this was the best speech you ever gave" Y/n said making team agree right away. Wood smirked

"Let's show them what we can do"

They entered the pitch. A roar of noise greeted them. Mostly cheers, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were already sided with Gryffindor eager to see Slytherin lose. Madam Hooch, The Quidditch teacher told the captain to shake hands which they did, giving death glares and gripping hands of each other a harder than necessary.

"On my whistle "Madam Hooch said " Three, two, one!!!"

The game begun with a huge roar of cheers.

The Slytherin's high-class brooms was doing their job very well. It was enough to trigger the Kims, they played with feelings overwhelming inside them. They needed to show that having a superior broom isn't enough to be a Chaser. Both of them we scoring back to back. Angelina Johnson didn't have any problems with this, she was happy to distract Slytherins from stopping Jake and Y/n to score. It was a great first half for Gryffindor. The Kim Siblings had made the score 100 against 20.

But. The second half was becoming a pain for Y/n. A Bludger was not leaving Y/n alone. It was behind her the whole time, distracting her from scoring.

'Why would you do this Dobby!!!????.. I can't score at all!!' Y/n thought trying her best to concentrate on the game without getting hit by the Bludger.

The Slytherin team took the opportunity and begun to score. Jake couldn't stop them since his fellow chaser was having problems with the Bludger. He couldn't stop them alone. In few minutes. The score was 100 for Gryffindor and 90 for Slytherin. Y/n looked up at Harry to see if he was having the same problems as her or not. He was glaring at Draco, who was snickering.