Chapter 25 - The Parselmouths

" You don't need to worry about what others think of you... Its for you to decide Who you want to be....Trust yourself and believe who you truly are"

~~~~~
3rd Person's POV

Everyone present in the Great Hall was clearly excited to watch Harry and Draco duel against each other. It was no news for them to know that Both of them hated eachother and were the most known enemies of the school. 

Harry walked bravely towards Malfoy. Y/n's words and his fellow Gryffindor friends's encouraging face were making him confident. By the corner of his eye, he saw Y/n reached Ron and Hermione and was watching him now.

"Good Luck, Potter" Lockhart said to him

"Thank you Sir" Harry replied fixing his eyes on Draco.

Both Harry and Draco made their way in between and stood in front of eachother, glares never leaving their eyes. 

"Wands at the ready!" Lockhart called. Harry and Malfoy raised their wands in front of their faces.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco said smugly.

"You wish"  Harry smirked back. 

"This is about to get good" Ron whispered to Y/n. She chuckled quietly 

Harry and Draco shoved their wands to their right side and walked away from the between and soon reached the other two ends of the stage. They positioned themselves just like Snape did.

"On the count of three...cast your charms to disarm your opponent.  Only to disarm...we don't want any accidents here" Lockhart said warning them and begun counting

"One.....two---" Lockhart was interrupted by Malfoy, who didn't wait until he could say 'three'

"Everte Statum!" Malfoy yelled. Harry got hit by the spell that hit him so hard that he thought someone hit him with a pan. He dropped on the stage feeling the pain.  His friends looked at him worriedly, Few Slytherins were laughing. Malfoy grinned. And Harry got backed into his feet and shouted

"Rictusempra! " The end of Harry's wand glowed. A sliver light hit Malfoy in the stomach. He fell back infront of Snape. Most of the students laughed. Snape gave him a displeasing look and grabbed him by his collar helped him stand.

"I said Disarm Only!!" Lockhart shouted alarming the two of them.

"Serpensortia!!" Draco yelled. and with a flash in the end of his wand. A Long Black Snake shot out.  Many backed away from the stage. Harry watched the snake.

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said walking towards him

"Allow me Professor Snape... Alarte Ascendare!!" Lockhart chanted.

There was a loud bang. Instead of disappearing the snake flew ten feet high into the air. heads and eyes followed it and saw it fell back on the stage. Now the Snake was angry. He turned to Justin Flinch-Fletchley , poisonous fangs exposed.

 Harry felt a slight ease feeling. He didn't actually knew what he was doing. He unconsciously made his way towards Snake and said

"Don't hurt anyone" He didn't knew why he was talking to a snake. But he felt the snake was listening to him. But it ignored him and kept glaring at Justin

" Leave him alone!!!" Harry said to the snake again

'Harry is talking normally....that's saves some trouble' Y/n thought her eyes never leaving the snake that was raised itself in eye-to-eye level in front of Justin.