Chapter 50 - Special Chapter 2

~A new bigger family~

After receiving the letter, Eric went to South Korea the very next day. All he told his kids was that their cousin and cousin's friend were going to live with them and that Eric was their guardian from now on.

It had been a whole week since he was gone. The kids knew that this cousin of their was not a close related cousin because if they were then Eric would've known about them.

The kids didn't bother thinking much about it. Both of them were happy to know that they had family other than the main family. They enjoyed their vacation without a doubt. Both of them had started to learn flying with their respective dragons. It had been going smoothly. They had a protection barrier around the mansion and the mansion garden was very big, so they had a lot of place to fly freely. 

Currently Jake was flying on top of Pearl while enjoying perfect chill breeze in the summer. He patted gently on top of Pearl's head telling her she's doing a good job. "we just learned how to fly on top of them... it has only been a week..... Doing tricks right away is dangerous" Jake warned Y/n as she arrived next to him.

She was laying on her stomach on Toothless, not caring about the height. When she heard this she sprint up immediately and sat with her legs folded cross. "what tricks??? this is basic in a way.. " Y/n said as her hair flew making her look even prettier. "besides... me and Toothless are fast learners, aren't we?" she asked her dragon who made an agreeing sound. 

Pearl and Jake signed together. "I can't convince you now, can I?" Jake asked with small chuckle. "Nope.... you can't" Y/n grinned and asked "I think you two are doing well... how about a race?". Jake raised his eyebrows "A race?.. just where will we hold it?".

"What do you mean 'where?'.... right here.... we have protection barrier all around the mansion... no one will catch us.. so we can race right here.. " Y/n explained. "How will we decide the track??? Its all circle.. we'll just end up coming here and won't even know if we did won or not?" Jake argued. He wasn't sure about the race but deep down he wanted to do it.

Y/n thought for a second and a idea popped up in her mind. She slightly bent to look down and yelled "REN!!!! Come up here!!". 

Without wasting a second, her small creature flew up towards her. Toothless made a grumbling noise as he saw the Ren was coming up. Y/n decided to not say anything but patted the dragon gently. Ren came up and made a purring noise asking what does Y/n want. "Jake and I are going to race... we need someone to be the referee.... stay here and that's how we'll know if we completed a lap..." Y/n said and turned to Jake "How about now?" 

"first one to complete two laps wins" Jake said extending his hand for a handshake. Y/n gladly accepted and both of them got ready for the race. Ren was making noise as if he was telling them something. Jake confusedly turned to Y/n "translation?". "Ren said he shoot that sparkling dust to tell as that the race started" Y/n translated. "oh that Pink dust?? okay?" Jake nodded his head. 

Both of them were counting in their minds and when Ren sneezed out the pink dust they flew past him in a flash making him stumble while flying. Jake and Y/n were right next to eachother thanks to Pearl and Toothless who were as competitive as their humans. The first lap completed very fast , even Ren was shocked by the dragon's speed. 

During the halfway of the second lap, Jake and Pearl were taking over the speed flying way more fast than Y/n and Toothless. But the girl wasn't bothered. She smirked and pressed a certain spot behind Toothless' ears which made his spikes on his spines jolt up. With a blink of an eye, Toothless' speed increased. They flew so fast that Jake and Pearl couldn't even see them.

And As it was given, Y/n and Toothless won. Jake didn't knew what Y/n did to make Toothless go this fast. Pearl knew and she wanted to try it but she couldn't because Jake wanted to go step by step. Y/n had spent hours to look around Toothless' body finding his soft spots or find out what certain part does and it gave her knowledge to find more about Toothless. Their personal Library was helping her way more she expected.