Chapter 45 - The Quidditch Finals

"Don't come crying to me when you become more popular than you already are"

~~~~~~~

3rd Person's POV

The Gryffindor team were welcomed by a very loud roar of cheers. Y/n looked around the pitch to find that three-quaters of the crowd were wearing Scarlet red scarfs and were holding the same coloured flags. The crowd was also holding big flashy banners with lions and lioness on it.  They were chating some slogans like 'GO GRYFFINDOR' or 'LIONS AND LIONESS FOR THE CUP'.

Slytherin team also entered the pitch. Behind them, the Slytherin's were cheering loudly for them. Wearing Green and Silver, Holding flags with Serpent drew in it. Flint, The Slytherin team's Captain was throwing daggers at Wood, who surprisingly calmly smiled back.

As the Gryffindor team walked in the middle of the pitch Lee Jordan continued with his job as a commentator. "And here are the Gryffindors!!! Wood, Weasley & Weasley, Johnson, Lord & Lady Kim, Potter!!!!" As Jordan said another round of cheers echoed the stadium. "What the hell was up with 'lord & lady Kim'????" Y/n asked Jake with an embarrassed chuckle. "He found Dabon's letter... Jordan thinks that Dabon is our butler" Jake replied touching his nose. It was Jake's habit to touch his nose whenever he felt embarrassed.

"Which we can accurately say are the best team Gryffindor could ask for!!" Jordan yelled through the mic, followed by boos by Slytherins. "Oh, The Slytherins are here are too, they look a little nervous but who's knows how would they play" Jordan said over the mic. Y/n could imagine McGonagall giving a stern glare at Jordan who definitely was giving a nervous laugh back to her.

"Captains!!!! Shake hands" Madam Hooch said. Wood and Flint walked in front and shook each other's hand. Despite a calm smile Wood was giving Flint, it looked like both of them were trying to break each other's finger. "I want to know what happened between Wood and Flint.. they even hate looking at each other" Y/n whispered to Jake. "No one knows though.... Its a mystery... and I thinks its better not to ask" Jake whispered back.

"Mount on your brooms!!" Madam Hooch said. Both of team did so. As Slytherin team expected, Y/n was in the middle of the team formation, initiating that she's going to take lead for scoring points. They knew it, they also that Y/n was indeed a good Chaser. Their strategy for the game was to cover her and try to stop her from scoring. Madam Hooch begun" On my count.... three.... two....one"

With the sound of Whistle, the game begun. Half of the Slytherin team were waiting for Y/n to get the possession of the Quaffle. She flew towards it but flew away with nothing in her hands. The Slytherin Chasers looked at her with Confusion. None of them had the Quaffle, but then who did. Y/n turned towards them for a moment to smirk at them and then directed towards someone. Jake, he had the Quaffle. These siblings had tricked their opponents.

Lee Jordan continued on the mic "And Its Gryffindor in Possession. Jake flying with the Quaffle, heading to the goalpost and WAIT--- JAKE, IS THAT A FIREBBOLT??????? Another Gryffindor player with a Firebolt.!!! He's heading towards the hoop. Warrington of Slytherin trying to get the hold of the Quaffle and Nice shot with Bludger, George... Jake about to score--- but wait-- he passed the Quaffle to Y/n and SHE SCORES!!!!!! Got to mention nice full circle flip Y/n!!!! Its ten against zero"

Y/n and Jake fist-bumped as they flew across each other. Angelina was clapping for the siblings when Flint nearly threw her off her own broom by intentionally smashing her. "Sorry, didn't see her!!" Flint yelled at the crowd who booed at him. The same moment, Fred chucked his Beater's bat throwing the Bludger at Flint. It hit him in the head. "Hey!!!! That will do!!" Madam Hooch yelled and Flew right in the middle of the pitch stopping the game. "Penalty to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on Slytherin Chaser And Penalty to Slytherin for deliberate damage to Gryffindor's Chaser"