Chapter 10: Year 3 of Banishment: Part 2 of Reviving Kiri

(This is the final chapter of the Flashback Arc, so chapter 11 will now be in present time where Naruto is in the hotel. Not sure if I'm going to follow through the Kakashi Bashing, but I might continue the Sakura bashing, you guys choose. Also I might add some romance and relationships. Shikamaru and Temeri is for sure, but Idk who to ship the other guys. Well I hope you guys enjoy reading this long chapter. Also this chapter will include what they did in the fourth year of their banishment.

'Finally' Mei leader of the Kirigakure Rebels thought 'after almost  16 years of this hellish war, its almost finished, its so close I can taste it.' (a/n, I'm not sure how long the civil war lasted, but on reddit(best place I could find info) a couple said it lasted 16 years, and so I chose it.) 

She was so close to victory, in a base 10 miles away from the Village of Kirigakure. After taking this yesterday, she called upon all Shinobi under to invade, and reclaim her homeland and bring it back its former glory. And it was all thanks to Uzumaki and his rag tag team from hell, that was helping them win the war. It was like Kami sent them to make things easier, especially that big Akimichi they have. She swore he was something made to break walls instead of being a ninja.

And now she stepped out of her camp, and looked in front of her as she saw her numbers, last she checked, which was 30 minutes ago, she has 1,529 Shinobi under her command, but their opponents had 5,799 Shinobi, however she believed in quality over quantity, and she believed that she had better Shinobi.

Clearing her throat before speaking, she enhanced her voice with chakra, so all in the base can hear her, she looked again at them and took a deep breath.

"I do not know if we will live or win in this battle" Mei started, many of which looked at her confused, usually she was supposed to rouse the troops, "we are outnumbered, 1 to 5, and we will be fighting in their own territory, but I believe in you all. Because while our enemies enjoyed their day with food and alcohol, we trained, we trained our bodies until they were bruised and purple, until we injured something, to reach the level we have now! So now ask you all now, do you want to retake your homeland?" She heard a shout of yes. 

"Do you want to have a future, where you and children do not have to hide your powers?!" The crowd again shouted yes.

"Then follow me! Lend me your heart! Lend me strength! And under the ruins of a old Kirigakure, a new Kirigakure shall rise and it will thrive! So then I ask you all then, will you follow me, into hell, into a battle that will be put in our history books for our children in the academy books, so that they will want to strive to be as brave us, so then I ask again, will you stand alongside me?!"

Then the loudest shout of yes rang out, and everyone felt themselves  ready for war, their blood pumping, and their adrenaline flowing. Mei nodded before speaking "everyone go to your battle station, because 0500 hours, we will charge Kirigakure, and we will retake it. You are all dismissed."

(a/n not sure if they was inspiring but eh all I could think of)

She sighed and turned around and started to walk away from the podium before she heard a slow clap, she turned to her left and saw what many of the Rebels called the 'Savior' smirking at her. She smiled and spoke "hello Naruto-kun, how are you?"

Naruto smiled and spoke in a mocking voice "oh I am so inspired by your speech that I felt I could fight against the entire Shinobi World."

Mei smiled at their banter before looking at him and said "shut up you troublesome blonde idiot."

They both had laughed at what she said, but then Mei's face changed and it showed pure seriousness. She turned to Naruto and asked "are you sure you want to follow me and fight Yagura? He is a Kage level without his bijū, and has full control over the 'Sanbi'."