Chapter 16: The Answer

It poured heavily, a storm was rolling in, and many citizens of the village retreated to the comforts of their homes. All of them except one. 

He stood there as the rains drenched him. He found himself at the same spot he was always at. Tracing the names from the smooth stone. Many of his friends names were on there, some being the closet to his heart.

But today, on this day, his fingers traced and looked at the same names. Their names together, just as they were when they were found dead.

He wondered what would happened if they didn't die. Maybe they would be at their house, warming themselves next to their fire pit as they played with their 7 year old son. He imagined he was the first to arrive, finishing a mission of his caliber. Obito was the next to enter the warm house, laughing nervously, putting his hand behind his neck, asking if he was late. Kushina offering a warm smile, telling him he arrived on time. The last to arrive was Rin, finishing a late shift at the hospital, finally achieving her goal of being one of the best medic-nin, just behind Tsunade. Obito got up to kiss his girlfriend, as Naruto whined, wanting her attention. They laughed and had fun together as a family that night.

But he knew that was wishful thinking. Obito was killed. With the sharingan in his left socket as a reminder to his failure. Rin, murdered by his own hand, and his own jutsu. His sensei and his wife, someone who he could think of as his parents died, the same way his biological parents died. His sensei filled the hole, that his father ripped out when he found him dead in his own room. And Kushina gave showed him motherly love, something he had never had before. And now, he was the only one alive from his team.

Their son, Naruto, left behind as a reminder of his failures. Even now, he could not protect him from the hatred he experienced for being the warden of the Kyūbi. And now, Obito's own clan, has fallen, the great Uchiha clan, fell by the hands of one of its members.

He doesn't know how long he stood there, looking at the Memorial Stone. He was broke from his trance when his shinobi trained senses, felt someone nearby. "Danzo-san, what brings you here today?" He asked in an emotionless way. "Nothing much, came here to pay my respects" the old war hawk responded.

Kakashi snorted, "I hardly believe that Danzo, what are you truly doing here?" The silence made situation tense. Kakashi readied himself, moving some chakra to his left hand. Then Danzo himself snorted, "no worries Kakashi, I will not attack. I merely came here to ask you something."

"Since you came to find to me it must be important" Kakashi responded. "Yes, yes. I wanted to get your opinion on the jinchūriki?" This had confused Kakashi, Naruto was his sensei's son, "it's pretty obvious, I do not hate him. I think of him as a hero, just as his father had intended."

Danzo stroked his chin, "hmm, I find that interesting. I thought considering that all that weapon had done to you personally, you wouldn't want for an opportunity to take it out." 

Kakashi grew angry, "you dare accuse me of being willing to kill sensei's son?!" "I did not say that Kakashi, I thought the fact that if he had not been born that night, Minato and Kushina would not have to lose their lives, and now, your dead teammate's clan, due to the wretched and foul beast" Danzo calmly answered. 

Kakashi normally would've been able to handle the words Danzo was saying. But not on this day, Kakashi had reach his breaking point, that bastard has the nerve to call his sensei's legacy a monster, and accuse of him of being the cause of  his own parents death, alongside the death of the Uchiha. Kakashi had decided, that Danzo would die here and now.

He swiftly turned around, lighting chakra covering his left hand, molding it into one of his original jutsu made for killing. His Raikiri flashed in the dark night, but before he was able to take out Danzo. He had ripped out the bandages covering his right eye. And in its socket laid a sharingan. Specially, Shisui's sharingan.