Chapter 6

Mark’s POV

Mark ran in wolf form. He was patrolling the territory and he was on the border between his packs territory and the Midnight pack’s territory. He caught the scent of a rogue and stopped in his tracks. He looked around and located the scent in the Midnight Pack’s Territory and it was getting stronger which meant the rogue was heading towards him. He waited and sure enough a rogue ran out of some bushes and was heading right towards him. Mark growled and waited for him to cross the line into his territory.

A large female wolf leaped out of the bushes landing on the rogue. The rogue growled and snapped at her. Another male walked out of the bushes and lay down. He didn’t seem to be interested in joining the fight just yet it was clear he was keeping a close eye on what was going on. The rogue and the midnight colored female fought, snapping, circling and pouncing on each other.

Mark growled his wolf feeling very agitated and pushing him to join in and protect the female. He admitted to himself that she was a beautiful wolf. He was annoyed though that the male from her pack wasn’t helping her and seemed to be watching her.  Mark took a step towards them earning a growl from the male wolf watching the fight. He had glanced over and seen that Mark was going to jump in and this was the Midnight packs business.

The female wolf rolled the rogue over and closed her mouth over the rogue’s throat and waited. The rogue stilled. He growled up at the female not wanting to submit. Two warriors stepped out of the treeline and waited. The rogue sensed that he was outnumbered and it was either submit or die. The rogue submitted and the two warriors stepped up to him as the female wolf backed off. They grabbed the rogue and took him away.

Mark was shocked, he picked up the scent of the female wolf, it was Katelyn! No! it couldn’t be. Katelyn was a nerd, she was weak, there’s no way that could be her.

*Scents don’t lie moron! That is Katelyn and Nya. Our mate * Aaron said proudly.

Mark took a step towards her earning a deadly growl from her. She looked over at him, her eyes flashing before she took off deep into Midnight Territory. Mark could feel his heart breaking as she ran from him. Was he wrong? She didn’t look weak fighting that rogue. She made it look effortless, as if she had been raised fighting and protecting her people. Mark made the connection; this was the Midnight alpha’s daughter.  He wondered if she had told him what he had done.

*There’s more to her than what you see, I want to find out more* Aaron said.

Son, I need you home now. We have to go over to the Midnight pack house. There is a meeting we must attend.

Yes, Father. He replied before turning tail and running home.

“We noticed increased Rogue activity along our borders and I was wondering if you have noticed the same thing?” George said as they sat around a table with maps spread across it.

“Yes we have, especially around these areas” Mark’s father replied pointing out some areas on the maps.

Mark paid no attention to what his father and Alpha George were talking about. His whole focus was on Katelyn. She was wearing a black tank top and on her arm was a tattoo. He could tell it was written in wolf language but he was never a good study so he had no idea what it said. He had noticed the wolf tattoo and the moon on each shoulder blade and was absolutely shocked that his mate had tattoos. She was a nerd wasn’t she? He didn’t think nerds got tattoos. He could tell the one on her arm was special though and he wanted to know what it said.

*Strength* Aaron whispered in awe.

*how do you know that?* Mark asked.

*I’m a wolf idiot, I can read my own language. All wolves are born with that knowledge. It’s up to us if we choose to share that knowledge with our people* Aaron snapped.

*Why would she have that tattooed onto her arm?*

*it’s a gift, from the gods. Look at the tribal around it. It’s a blessing and a warning. The gods have their eye on this one and have blessed her with this tattoo. Someone from her pack must be blessed and the gods told him to give her that tattoo.*

*what’s the warning?*

*That she has been blessed and that she is stronger than she looks. She is strong in body and mind, She has the strength to lead and you my human are an idiot and may have cost us our mate.*

*why do you say that?*    

*She has been given strength from the gods, she is a strong person. So what makes you think she will ever forgive you and allow us to be with her?* Aaron snapped

*Who says I wanna be with her?* Mark snapped back but deep down he couldn’t help the growing feeling of admiration and love for his mate

Aaron just laughed knowing about the growing feeling.

He didn’t want her….did he?

~~~~Yay! New chapter! Finally!!! Hoping to get back on to a weekly upload schedule. vote, comment, tell me what you like, what you dont, and what you would like to see :) I promise to  have a longer chapter for you next week :)  ~~~~~