Chapter Five Keeper of the Keys

EXT. HUT ON THE ROCK -NIGHT

A very sad-looking HUT sits perched upon a Targe ROCK far at sea. Wind whistles. The sea rages.

INT. HUT ON THE ROCK - NIGHT

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia sleep on a lumpy bed in the hut's only bedroom. Dudley SNORES on a moth-eaten sofa. Harry lies on the bare floor beneath a ragged blanket. LIGHTNING FLASHES. As the room goes dark again, Harry studies the lighted dial of Dudley's watch. As it ticks toward midnight, Harry puts the last touches to a BIRTHDAY CAKE he's etched in the dust that layers the floor.

HARRY
Make a wish, Harry.

"Now that's just sad," said Draco.

"Shut up Draco," said Nadia hitting Draco in the arm as he holds his arm in pain.

"What I was just being honest," replied Draco as he rubs his arm while moving away from Nadia.

"I'm glad that my sad life brings you joy Malfoy," added Harry which cause Nadia to glare at Harry and then Draco. Which causes them both to go silent and turn their attention back to the screen not wanting to face Nadia's fury.

Closing his eyes, he... blows... and the "flames" of dust scatter. Eyes still closed; Harry holds the wish when...

BOOM!

The DOOR SHUDDERS. HINGES.squeal. A pin squirrels out of its housing. Falls to the floor.

BOOM!

"Got damn he took down the door," said Ron.

"Shut up Ronald," said Hermione hitting Ron in the back of the head.

"Ow Hermione," said Ron rubbing his head.

Uncle Vernon comes sledding into the room in his socks, a
RIFLE in hand, paper hanging by a string from the barrel.

"How dear he wave that around with children in the room," said Lily hearing anger in her voice.

"What is that," asked a third-year Hufflepuff.

"That is a rifle. It can either hurt you or kill you like our two unforgivable spells," answered Lily.

UNCLE VERNON
Who's there? I warn you--I'm armed!

SMASH! The door falls flat. An IMMENSE SILHOUETTE stands against the raging sea outside, identical to the beastly figure seen climbing the stairs in Godric's Hollow. He is HAGRID and is, rather obviously, a GIANT. Presently he is standing at the front door.

HAGRID
Er, right. Sorry 'bout that...

"Don't apologize especially to them," said Nadia.

Hagrid steps clear takes the door and fits it back into its frame. Glances at Dudley. Frowns.

HAGRID (CONT'D)
Mind, I haven't seen yeh since you was
a baby, Harry, but yeh' re a bit more
along than I woulda e~pected.
'Specially round the middle.

DUDLEY (terrified)
I'm not Harry.

HARRY
I am.