Prepare

Oct 29, 2016

The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky. It was the clearest and perfect October day. And BTS could not be any happier. After all, they were about to go on tour and see their beloved fans. And this time, they were going to perform their newest album WINGS. They were beyond excited and so fueled with energy, they could barely keep themselves from exploding. Of course, this meant they had to prepare and practice endlessly but they didn't care. Not one bit. 

This was precisely why Dawa was still dancing even though all of the cells in his body were asking him to stop. His ankle was hurting to the point where it was starting to get numb. "Just five more minutes and it's lunch time." He had told himself five minutes ago. The only difference now was that that statement was actually true. 

"Alright everyone! Break. You guys deserve it." One of the choreographers announced to which Dawa was grateful for. 

While the other members began to talk amonst themselves, Dawa didn't get that luxury because he had decided to call his mother during his break. After what Essie had told him, he couldn't get a wink of sleep, tossing and turning wondering if his mother was alright or not. 

"Hi mum!" 

"Moonie? Hi! Is everything alright with you?" His mother asked immediately. Every night she worried about him. He was far away from home and his group was gaining fame. Of course she was happy for him but it also meant less privacy for him. Kaylee knew that the public also liked to paint him as the bad guy which was just absurd to her because Dawa had actually always helped those in need. She remembered when he was just about seven and climbed up a tree to get a cat down that was stuck on the tree for half the day. And she remembered when he used to volunteer at the retirement homes and play his violin for them. And the hospital when he used to watch over the sick little kids and play with them. He would read them stories and sing to them, all when he was around fifteen. The kids always loved it best when he sung to them. 'How could they say my moon is rude and cold?' She would ask herself every time she read something on the news about him. It broke her heart and she knew that she could never tell him how worried he was because she knew that he would just try to hide his feelings away from her even more than now. 

"Mum, I'm okay. What about you? Essie told me that you and Colette aren't together anymore. Or something like that. Are you alright?" 

Kaylee sighed onto the phone. Her throat seemed to clog up but she had to say something to her son. "Oh, you know me." She mumbled as she tried to stop the shakiness of the her voice. "I'm just..." She sucked in a breath. "Hanging in there." 

Dawa stared hard at the wall. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" 

"Nothing happened...just I don't know Dawa." Dawa shuddered when his mother used his real name. He knew she was really hurt inside and he hated the fact that he wasn't there with her. "I don't know what I expected. No, that's a porkie. I expected her to stay with me, I was committed, I was even going to ask for her bloody hand in marriage! Can you believe that? I mean, We've dated for what two bloody years. And then I-" She was now sobbing and there was nothing Dawa could do. "She was cheating on me...with a another women. Was I not good enough?" She barely whispered, Dawa's hands were shaking. He never really connected with Colette, but now he was seething in anger. 

"No mum, that's bollocks mum. Colette is a prat, sorry for my harsh words mum but it's true. You're enough. You are enough for me and Essie. More than enough, and if Colette can't see that she's blind." Dawa tried to comfort her but he knew he wasn't doing much. A heartbreak is a heartbreak. If it hurts it hurts and only time can heal the pain. "Mum, you're a goddess. My fans...they call me Apollo, do you know who that makes you?"