Courage & Trust

June 19th, 2017

Dawa had no words to describe what he was feeling in the car that was speeding back to their hotel. He felt as if his brain was swaying back and forth in his brain; trying to not think of those memories; trying to collect himself after what he just heard. His mind couldn't stop racing, or was it his heart. He couldn't tell and everything seemed to be blurring up into one big knot of a moment passing by.

"Hey, hey, hey. Relax. Everything will be okay." Do-Hwan spoke from the driver's seat, seeing a panicked look on Dawa. It was a rare sight to see Dawa in bits and pieces. "Calm down and explain to me what happened."

Dawa took a few moments to gather himself. He watched Do-Hwan concentrate on the road. He was debating if Do-Hwan should know about Jungkook's situation. "Stop being a twat. You know bloody well he's someone you can trust and besides, he's going to find out anyway, so there is no point in not telling him. If anyone is going to be at your side, it would be him." He convinced himself that everything was going to be fine and finally stopped the paranoid voice in his that held him back from telling Do-Hwan.

"I don't know where to start. I don't even know when it started but a while ago, I noticed something off about Soo-Gi. He was talking to Jungkook privately and ever since then Jungkook was never really himself. He talked less and acted more nervous around some of the staff members. A few times I caught him exchanging unreleased pictures of us and notes with his signature to Soo-Gi. I saw Soo-Gi sell those at one of the concerts. Today, I heard them talk in the bathroom." Dawa quickly took his phone out and went to the voice recording app. He went to the most recent one and pressed play.

Do-Hwan listened intently, not saying anything until the recording ended. "Well, I don't know what the heck they did, but I know for a fact that you didn't murder your father. I mean this is that slimy, son of a b**** we're talking about here."

Dawa looked out the window. He, unknowingly, let out a small smile. "Thank you for believing in me without any hesitation." He said in a voice that was almost a whisper. "But I feel that this is my responsibility to fix. Jungkook is like a younger brother to me and to see him suffering because of me...I don't think I can stand it."

"Let's get this straight. You are not responsible for Soo-Gi's behavior. Jungkook probably told Soo-Gi your past because he must have trusted Soo-Gi back then but Soo-Gi used Jungkook's trust to his advantage to have a little business on the side."

"But still, I should fix it."

Do-Hwan sighed a bit. He wasn't sure if his points were getting through to Dawa but at this point it didn't matter. Dawa wants to help Jungkook and that is what he's going to do, whether he knew that he wasn't at fault in any way or not didn't matter.

"Okay, so do you have a plan?" Do-Hwan asked, while turning a corner. They were almost at the hotel.

"I'm going to release the recording. The one that explains the scar that I have. It's about how my father died. If I tell the public first what really happened, the truth, before Soo-Gi tells the public a lie then more people are likely to believe me than him. After that, he won't have anything against Jungkook. No more blackmails or threats. Then, since i've been gathering evidence of this situation with Jungkook, we can report Soo-Gi to Bang PD nim." Dawa explained a bit in a rush.

Do-Hwan stared back at Dawa. "That's brilliant but are you ready for that? It's a big step and we never wanted to force you to anything or feel that you have to explain yourself. You have the right to privacy too." Do-Hwan already knew that Dawa was set on this. 'That thick head of his.'

"I'm sure." Dawa replied with the utmost confidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived at the hotel and headed right to Dawa's hotel room, which was shared with Jimin and Yoongi. Dawa had carried his carry-on bag from the car to the room.