Looking Out

November 2, 2016

Dawa woke up early that morning. Outside was still dark, the trees just a dark outline. He decided to get ready for the day and head into the company early. 'Maybe I can play around with my violin for a bit. I don't see the harm in that.' He thought as he reached his favorite orange mug. The water in the teapot already.

He checked to see who was in the dorm still and noticed Yoongi, Jungkook and Namjoon were no where to be found. Jimin and Taehyung were a tangled mess in Taehyung's bed which Dawa snapped a picture of. 'Cute.' He thought as he closed the door quietly as to not wake them up. 

Dawa suspected the other three were at the entertainment building but he frowned at the thought of Jungkook in the building so early. "Jungkook is not the type to go in this early..." He decided to take his phone out and call him. 

It kept ringing. And then a robotic voice started talking. 'Why the bloody hell is he not picking up?' Dawa kept calling about five more times. He texted some random things just to see if Jungkook would respond out of confusion. He had taken his thermos, a black jacket, and his violin and dashed out of the apartment. 

As he walked towards the building, he didn't notice the stares he was getting from the few people that were out and about at this time. His minds occupied by other thoughts. 

"Namjoon Hyung?" He called onto his phone. His voice was even but behind all the layers that he had put on to hide his true feelings, he was a mess. 

"Morning Moonie!" Namjoon greeted in a cheerful tone using the nickname his mother and sister used. It had become a habit since Halloween. Jin had asked if they were allowed to call him Moonie like his mother and sister did during the call they had that night and Dawa nodded. And ever since then they have adopted that name for Dawa. "I see we're talking in English this morning." He chuckled whilst frowning which Yoongi noticed. 

Dawa agreed. "Yeah, uh...is Jungkook with you guys?" He was starting to get even more anxious than he already was. This wasn't right. Jungkook was never up this early. Jungkook was punctual, never late and never early. 

"Jungkook? No, we haven't seen him." Namjoon answered looking over to Yoongi for confirmation. "Why do you ask?" 

"He's not at our flat hyung. And he won't answer his bloody phone." Dawa was full on panicking and Namjoon finally realized that Dawa had started the conversation in English because he was stressed and not thinking well. And as his native language was English, his brain just reset to English. 

"Dawa, relax. It's okay, I'm sure he's in the building somewhere. Or maybe he went shopping..." 

"Jungkook doesn't like shopping, he only likes online shopping." Dawa was now annoyed. He was annoyed that he couldn't think straight and he was annoyed that him not finding Jungkook was bothering him so much. 'he's probably fine and you're just being dramatic.' He thought in the back of his head. 'Maybe his phone died...then wouldn't the calls have gone straight to voicemail?' 

"I'm just entering the building. You're probably right. Sorry for being a bother." Dawa ended the call. 

He was walking down the hall where the recording studios were. Most of them empty and it was quite. Dawa was the only one walking down the hall. As he entered into one of the rooms, he heard another door open and hushed voices. He couldn't hear all the words that was being said but as he peeked through the crack of the the door, he frowned. It took everything in him stay still and not blow his cover. 

Soo-Gi was smiling at a tried looking Jungkook. Dawa tried to take in every detail in the moment. 'This is mad, it is.' He thought. Then he stared at Soo-Gi to see him carrying a file in his hand. 'What is in that bloody file of his?' Dawa took out his phone and snapped a quick picture. Soo-Gi was now saying something to Jungkook, and as the man left, all Jungkook did was stare at the back of the man and glare. Now, Dawa may not be good at expressing his feelings with facial expressions, but he was pretty good at reading them. And that look on Jungkook's face only broke Dawa's heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The entire day Jungkook talked only a when necessary, he ate only a few bites. When he was asked if he was alright he only said that he was tired. "I guess this waking up early thing really hit me hard." He would say and smile. "If I do it more often, I'd get used to it." Jungkook smiled at the members. 

Dawa was feeling a boiling rage throughout his body. He didn't say anything. He wanted to ask but thought it wasn't a good timing. So all Dawa could do was go through the different scenarios in his head. 'Is Soo-Gi hurting Jungkook? Well obviously, he's making Jungkook wake up early, and talking to him in private without any of the other members knowing. Is that why Jungkook didn't answer my phone?' All Dawa could do was wait. He couldn't talk to any of the other members about this since he had no proof, except for that photo. But that photo wouldn't do much. He needed more evidence. If Dawa said anything now, Jungkook could get in trouble. 'He was probably threatened to not say anything to us.' 

Now, Dawa never really liked Soo-Gi. From what Dawa could remember, Soo-Gi never liked him for some reason. He didn't like the other members and always complained about work, but Dawa noticed Soo-gi liked to be especially rude to him. For example, Soo-gi would always be smiling whenever something bad seemed to happen to Dawa. Or he would make rude sounds when Dawa went on lives by himself. Or he would just say things about Dawa meant for Dawa's ears to hear. Things like "You're a fake." or "You must be proud of yourself for fooling everyone." Those were the once that Dawa could bear. There were harsher ones too. "You're not even korean." , "You're dragging everyone down you b******."  Soo-Gi was sneaky and secretive. Dawa never told anyone because he didn't want people to worry or cause unnecessary problems. But Soo-Gi now had a different target. And that didn't sit well with Dawa. Dawa could handle hate towards him but not towards his group members. And Jungkook was the golden Maknae, if anything happened to him, the entire group would be devastated. 'If he loses his smile because of you, I'll make you regret it.'

He looked to see Jungkook watching Taehyung and Jimin goofing off during practice. Jungkook's smile looked tired. Fake. His eyes weren't smiling. And then Jungkook looked at Dawa. Dawa smiled at Jungkook who just looked away quickly. 

And that when Dawa promised himself he'll find out the truth. 'What ever is going on, I'll catch you Soo-Gi.' He thought as he joined the rest of his group. 

A/N

Hi!

Sorry for not being active for a couple days. school sucks and math class was a whole stress activator. ಥ_ಥ

What do you think will happen? What's happening to Jungkook? I'll be back on Friday...hopefully!

Anyway, have a some jungkooks to make your week a great one! 

~ Da Vinchen 

(* ̄3 ̄)╭