Chapter 24: Abandoned Hospital (8)

The moment he embraced Ji Yun Xiao and spouted those words, Cheng Zhi Chu was shocked. He could only feel all the blood in his body rushing into his brain. If it wasn't for him being unable to control his body right now, he was afraid that he would have probably already killed himself on the spot by biting off his tongue so that he wouldn't spout further nonsense like having grandchildren.

At this moment, Ji Yun Xiao was still in a state of shock. He looked over at Cheng Zhi Chu who was holding onto him with his beautiful pair of eyes slightly widened.

Cheng Zhi Chu even had his hands on Ji Yun Xiao's face and he could distinctly feel his cheeks getting warmer and warmer, eventually forming a faint blush.

His slender hands couldn't help but loop around Cheng Zhi Chu's lower back and tighten its grip. He opened his mouth and seemingly wanted to say something but when his line of sight brushed past the bear, he once again became vigilant.

He immediately pushed Cheng Zhi Chu to one side and stood in front to shield him. With the crossbow, he aimed it at the bear.

After being exposed to Bai Yi's dark gaze, the bear had originally collapsed onto the ground in fear but, seeing that Ji Yun Xiao had come out from behind Cheng Zhi Chu, it once again stood back up. Completely different to its cute appearance, it revealed a row of white canines that are still stained with blood and dashed over towards Ji Yun Xiao.

【Ending out of control behavior.】

This time, his loss of control of his body only lasted a few seconds. Before Cheng Zhi Chu had the chance to react to his newly recovered freedom, he saw the bear rushing closer to them. In a state of surprise, he lifted Joshua's necklace with completely subconscious movements.

A faint green light flashed, and the bears movements stalled like it was suddenly being tied down to the spot.

The strength of it wasn't great and it could easily break free but when it saw Bai Yi's cold and indifferent look it suddenly changed its mind and allowed itself to be bound.

【Cursed item takes effect】

【You can order the beast to do something that is not outside of its capabilities.】

Ah? How did he.......?

Cheng Zhi Chu was stunned. He then realized that he had unconsciously used the necklace and had managed to put the bear under his control.

In fact, he actually didn't plan on using the necklace. After failing to control the man-eating monster, he was certain that it would be impossible for him to control the bear that was obviously more powerful than the man-eating monster. But contrary to what he had thought, this time he had actually succeeded. 

How strange......

Seeing the bear standing still, Ji Yun Xiao and the two sisters raised their weapons intending to attack it. Cheng Zhi Chu saw this and quickly stopped them. He said: "Wait. It looks like I have managed to control it. Let me try giving it an order first."

The Meng sisters were a little surprised but when they confirmed that the bear was indeed not moving, they retracted their weapons. Still not very reassured, Ji Yun Xiao pursed his lips and continued to point the crossbow at the bear. He gently glanced over at Cheng Zhi Chu and said: "Be careful."

Bai Yi looked over at the bear and gave it a smile that wasn't quite like a smile either. His eyes were extremely sharp as he stared coldly at the bear making the bear's hair stand up in fear. The bear could only look up with its round beady eyes and look pitifully at Cheng Zhi Chu.