Chapter 79: Reality (9)

Being held by Bai Yi, Cheng Zhi Chu's heartbeat sped up. This moment of silence made him feel both shy and sweet. He subconsciously wanted to say something to Bai Yi but he didn't know what to say.

"Zhi Chu."

The man's voice was low and very pleasing to the ears. This was especially so at this moment as he called out Cheng Zhi Chu's name next to his ears. Cheng Zhi Chu's heart raced. Even his ears had turned pink.

Bai Yi held his shoulders and increased the distance between the two of them a little. Looking intently at him and with a gentle gaze, Cheng Zhi Chu felt as if he was about to melt under it. He quietly listened to Bai Yi's next words only to suddenly feel something moving below him.

"Swoosh———–"

A rotten arm shot out from the soil and grabbed onto Cheng Zhi Chu's ankle.

Cheng Zhi Chu was shocked. 

He quickly shook his leg and stepped onto the hand to crush it. He then saw numerous other graves starting to move and hundreds of corpses and skeletons moving their way.

"Grr!"

The bear bared its teeth and snarled at them. The corpses nearby stopped but, because there was so many of them, it didn't manage to stop them all. A large majority of them didn't pay attention to the bear and surrounded the two living humans.

Bai Yi had already revealed everything to Cheng Zhi Chu, so he longer needed to hide anything. His eyes swept across them coldly and they all panicked and moved away like a tide.

Seeing this, Cheng Zhi Chu recalled the previous moments when the ghosts acted like they had seen something terrifying.

......Was it because Bai Yi was around?

"Pinecone, did you already know that Bai Yi is very powerful from the very beginning and that's why you recognized me as your master?" Cheng Zhi Chu looked down at the bear and asked in a complicated tone.

"Wu?"

The bear tilted its head and blinked innocently as it revealed a look of confusion.

"Don't act dumb. Yes or no?" Cheng Zhi Chu bent down and poked the bears belly. "If you don't tell me the truth, I'll halve the chicken that you get this week."

"Wu!"

The bear grabbed grievously onto Bai Yi's pant leg and called out: "Daddy! Fried chicken!"

Bai Yi lowered his head and glanced at it. He then hooked up his lips and stored away the scary energy. He said gently:

"Zhi Chu, don't force it to admit it. It is indeed the case. Sorry for hiding it from you the whole time. If I admitted that I am "Winter Branch" it wouldn't explain why I deliberately got close to you. Please don't get angry."

"I won't get angry........"

Cheng Zhi Chu pattered the bears head and stood up. He was only teasing the bear and wouldn't actually take away its food. He smiled at Bai Yi and said:

"I understand. If you revealed your identity to me at the very beginning, I would probably feel that you're out of my league and may not even befriend you so easily. It's just...."

"What?" Bai Yi smiled and asked.

"Nothing."

Cheng Zhi Chu shook his head. He didn't dare say the latter half of the sentence because he felt that it was too cheesy.

He just felt bad for Bai Yi who had gone through so much to finally reach the level "Winter Branch" is at. If possible, he wished that Bai Yi could be an ordinary person ———