(TW) Chapter 40: Horror Variety (5)

The faint aroma of rose spread through the air and Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly felt a strong dizzy spell. The scene before his eyes darkened and he almost fainted.

When he opened his eyes again, his vision had returned to normal. He suddenly found himself standing in a sea of blooming roses. Red petals fluttered in the sky and the breeze that blew by was filled with the intense floral smell.

"Zhi Chu, come here. Want to take a look at this photo daddy took of you?"

At this moment, Cheng Zhi Chu discovered that his body was not under his control and he seemed to be inside another person's body. When he heard the familiar call, the body's line of sight moved. Cheng Zhi Chu then saw his dad who was still very young holding a digital camera in one hand and smiling warmly at him.

Dad? Why is he here?

Cheng Zhi Chu was stunned. He then realised that his line of sight was very low. He heard a tender voice answer: "Okay daddy, I'm coming."

His line of sight moved down, and Cheng Zhi Chu saw a small pair of white and tender hands. The hands carefully pushed the rose aside so that the thorns didn't prick him, and he slowly moved out.

Is this his child self?

Cheng Zhi Chu suddenly remembered the portrait he saw before his vision darkened. In the painting he was standing in the middle of a sea of roses. His smile was bright, and his eyes were pure and clear.

Could he be inside the painting now? And he's inside his child self's body?

What about the game of hide and seek? That ghost mentioned before that the place where the game is to be played is not at the villa, but in another place. If it was referring to the world inside the painting, how would they play the game if he doesn't have control of his body?

Also, there seems to be a lot of people here. Who would the ghost turn into and what "person" does he need to hide from?

At this moment, a faint breeze blew past. In Cheng Zhi Chu's vision, the petals changed shape and formed a faint line of words.

[The game has not started yet. After the countdown is over, you will gain control of your body, but now is not the time.]

[During this time, you will understand what you need to hide from.]

[You can guess who this "person" you should hide from is.]

Cheng Zhi Chu was a little nervous. He tried to open the system backpack and tried calling for the system and the bear, but he didn't get any response. The petals changed its arrangement and formed a new line.

[Don't try to call "it". It's useless.]

[The rules here are equally valid for you and for me. We can only use the powers of a "human".]

[You can only rely on yourself.]

In other words, later he would need to run away in a child's body?

Cheng Zhi Chu's heart sank. After he finished reading the text, the petals fell and melted in the wind.

However, the tourists in the sea of flowers didn't notice this strange phenomenon and just continued to enjoy this beautiful scenery.

The boy also didn't notice the strangeness of the flower petals. After taking the photo, he happily rushed over into his daddy's arms and flicked through the photos in the camera. When his dad said that it was time to take photos of his sister, he handed the camera back to his dad and waited on the side.