Chapter 2: New Beginning (2)

"Mom, Sunni's awake!!"

A woman around her late 30s with straight raven hair that's brushed to her right shoulder and chocolate doe eyes that seemed red due to frequent crying arrived. Beads of sweat ran down her temple to her cheeks. She was still panting but she hurried to hug me.

So she's my new mom?

Wait, her clothes are strange. What is this, the mediaeval era? And this boy too! Well, that 'god' did tell me that he'll reincarnate me in a different world from Earth.

"Sunni dear, does it hurt somewhere?" She asked in a worried tone while scanning me head to toe.

"Nope, I'm fine." I replied in a hoarse voice as I shook my head.

"Your head doesn't hurt right? As your big brother, I'm sorry for not catching you when you fell from the stairs." The boy apologized.

"Brother, I'm really fine." I assured him and smiled.

That so-called gad is right!

My stomach grumbled out of the blue that I blushed in embarrassment. They chuckled and our mom went downstairs to get my food. Through the window, I saw the green forest and heard the chirping of birds. The wind blew inside that I shuddered and some leaves got into the room.

Maybe reincarnating into this world is not so bad after all.

"Sunni, brother wants to tell you something. If you see someone with a metal outfit, run as fast as you can okay? And then hide here. Our neighbors will also help you." I tilted my head in confusion.

So if I saw a knight, I should escape ASAP?

He ruffled my hair and grinned. "Understood?"

"Mhm!" I responded.

Mom returned with a bowl of sliced fruits and a glass of water. I drank the water first then she fed me using a spoon. She then asked brother to bring the dirty dishes to the sink.

"Mom, can you give me a mirror?" She nodded and gave me a small piece of it. I looked at myself with it and gasped in astonishment.

Is this really me? This is not a human, it's an angel!

I have straight golden blonde hair that reaches to my shoulder blades and bangs that extends to my eyes. I also have golden eyes and long, curved eyelashes that flutter like a butterfly's wings when I blink. My skin is so white and smooth like porcelain.

"What's wrong dear?" I snapped back to reality.

"It's nothing, but why is my name Sunni, mom?" She laughed awkwardly.

"Because of your hair and eyes. But other than that, I named you after the goddess who blessed this town." She explained and patted my head. "Tell me if somewhere still hurts okay? Just rest for now while we take care of everything, me and your brother."

"Okay, but I really want to help you guys out. Can I take a bath too?" She nodded.

"I really want to go against it but if you really want to, ask your brother Heinrey to get you a bucket of water from the well at the back of the house." I nodded and hurried to the well's location.

"Brother, where are you..? I need help..!" I yelled that he suddenly arrived.

"What is it Sun?" He asked and walked towards me.

"Can you get some water from the well, please?"

"Of course!" He replied with enthusiasm and swiftly did my request.

"Brother, this is just my curiosity but... where exactly is dad?" He stiffened at my sudden question.

"Uhmm... he's a... uhmm... he's at the... at the imperial capital Lisboa... uhmm he's working as a knight there..." He answered intermittently and brought two buckets of water in front of me.

"There! Tell me if you need anything, okay?" "Hn!"

He then ran towards the forest.

Him stuttering earlier is kinda suspicious. Especially how he shifted gazes when he was talking, he was definitely hiding something. But does he have any friends? If he does, do they usually play at such a dangerous place where they could be eaten at anytime by some wild beasts? He mentioned that dad's a knight, does he plan on continuing his legacy by training?

I took a thorough bath and ran inside.

"Sunni!! Don't run inside or you'll trip! Come here." Mom said and wrapped me in a white towel. "Let's dress you up or you'll catch a cold." She added and took me upstairs.

I just wore a knee-length dress with white sleeves. When I was done, I just went outside and carefully observed the forest.

I can't believe maple trees and cherry blossoms exist here. And also some poison ivy, blueberry and mulberry shrubs! Grass covers almost all the ground my eyes could see.

"Are you lost little girl?" A husky voice of a man creepily asked that I flinched.