Chapter 22: Escapade (1)

"W-What do you mean?!"

"Forget what I said earlier but never about you agreeing to be my fiancée. Okay, bye!" He winked at me and disappeared right after.

"What will I do now? I can't believe what just happened. Brother Licht would probably scold me later. Sigh." I fixed myself up and went out of the room to get some fresh air.

Why don't I go out of the palace's walls? Hehe, that sounds like a great idea.

I used my secret route where knights frequently avoid because of some rumors about a ghost. I climbed up the wall and jumped down into a dark alley. I saw a displayed cloak so I stole it and left a gold coin. I tied my hair into a ponytail and wore the garment.

I was just walking along the busy street of Lisboa when I saw a few children sitting beside an establishment with dirty faces and clothes. They looked pitiful so I went in front of them.

"Here you guys, use this to buy some food and clean clothes." I gave them a bag of gold coins.

"Thank you so much Miss, we will never forget this kindness. But are you sure you want to give us this much?" The eldest one asked.

"Yep, don't worry about it." I moved my head closer to his ear. "There's pretty more where that came from." I whispered and showed her my hair a little bit. "Don't tell anyone I sneaked out, okay?" His jaw dropped at my words.

"Y-You're the--! I'm sorry..!" He said and smiled awkwardly. "I'll swear on my life!" He drew a cross on his chest.

"I believe you but what's your name?"

"It's Alan, You--" Someone suddenly grabbed him upwards and he dropped the bag of coins to the ground. I looked up and saw a man with long hair, mustache and beard; he also has a big belly. He smiled creepily showing his unbrushed yellow teeth.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here. A lucky kid who got a lot of money, why don't you give it to me?"

This guy is a swindler, how dare he lay a hand on Alan!!

"Let go of me!! Miss, run!!" He shouted and tried to set himself free but he failed.

I'm sorry Alan, I can't just run and turn a blind eye to this indecency!

<Personal Storage>

I reached for my silver sword with intricate floral trimmings and unsheathed it. I pointed it at the man but he just laughed loudly that attracted the attention of the commoners nearby.

"Let go of him before I slice your dirty arm off!!" I warned him yet he stepped forward.

"You think a frail lady like you can scare me?!" He laughed again. "Big mistake, maybe I should just teach you a lesson so you'll beg me to spare your puny little lives!!" He was about to punch me when I jumped back to avoid it. "What a coward! If you wanna save this kid, you have to fight me head-on!" He rushed to punch me again but I stopped his fist with my index finger, grabbed his arm and slammed him to the ground. I then pointed my sword at his neck.

"W-Wait, I was wrong! Please spare me!!" He begged while shivering. "I'd do anything, please don't kill me!!" He let go of Alan and the boy ran to hug me.

"Thank you so much!!" Alan said that I smiled at him.

"You said anything right? Then... tell me where your subordinates are and bring them to me. If I see you do anything suspicious, I'll cut off all your limbs!" He then hurried to call his friends. They came and knelt down except one.

He tried to slash his knife at my head but I stepped to my left to dodge his attack and punched his gut. He coughed out blood and he dropped to the ground. A second later, I sensed an oozing bloodlust from the roof.

Suddenly, a mana-imbued arrow went straight to my chest but I stopped it with my sword.

<Warp>

I teleported at my estimated location of the archer and karate chopped the back of his neck. I returned to the swindlers with the archer on my shoulder that they gasped.

"Marcus!!" The leader shouted.

Now I don't want to spare them anymore.

"I showed you mercy and you tried to kill me thrice, such audacity!!" I angrily said that they balked. They knelt once again and cried.

"Please spare us!!" They all insisted.

"Yeah, but I'll report this to the Emperor directly. Don't blame me if they execute you okay?" The leader grabbed the hem of my dress.

"How would you do that?"

I moved my head near them. "Because... I'm the Imperial Princess." I smirked that their faces turned blue and they sweatdropped.

Someone suddenly showed up in front of me facing the swindlers.

"I'll take it from here Princess, you can continue your escapade now." That person's deep voice said. "I know you did so much just to get here." He added that I recoiled.

"Who are you?" I curiously asked.

"Just a concerned citizen of this city." He replied, tied all of the men together, and disappeared along with them. Everyone present talked to each other and Alan looked at me in confusion.

"Who was that Miss?" He curiously inquired.

"I don't know either, but he seemed powerful."

Teleportation requires a lot of mana so he must be on par with me. But I didn't even sense his presence, did he use concealment magic too? Who on Aetheria is he?