Chapter 33: Kiss Mark (1)

"I'm here to pick you up. I'm also interested in how you'd look in a nightdress." He smirked that sent shivers to my spine so I smacked his forearm.

I looked at myself and realized that I really was still in my nightdress. My face heated up so much that I felt like I'm steaming. When I glanced at him, he suppressed his laugh that infuriated me. He was about to touch me when I stepped back.

"Get the hell out of my room!!" I yelled in distress that he finally let out a laugh.

"You've got quite the language there, Imperial Princess." He jokingly said. "You look sexy in it but there's still nothing to see." He added so I went to my bed, reached for my pillow and threw it at him. He moved his face closer to it. "Your scent still lingers in this so I'll keep this as a memento."

"You p-pervert!! Get out or I'll call the guards!! Leave my pillow too!!"

"I knocked all of them unconscious when I was on my way to you so you don't have to worry about some rumors." A vein popped on my forehead.

"Emi, are you there? Help me!!"

"Don't worry about your precious lady-in-waiting, she'll return at midnight."

He's really testing me, this guy!! Does he want a battle of willpower? I'll grant it to him in a silver platter!!

"Why are you doing this? If brother finds out about this, he'll kill you."

"Even if he's the General of the Helionthan Imperial Knights, it doesn't mean that I can't beat him. Sol, just go with me." He sighed.

"No way, you even saw me like this. What face will I show my brother now? He'll think that I intentionally offered myself to you!" He sniggered that creeped me out. He slowly made his way to me that I walked backwards. He stopped when I hit the wall.

This guy, do I really like him?

He put his hands on the wall trapping me with his arms. Our eyes met that I felt hot. My heart stopped beating, I held my breath and little beads of sweat ran down my temple. I swallowed my own saliva and I felt like the clock ticked louder than normal.

He slowly inched his face towards mine that I gulped.

"Sol, let me steal just one." He whispered that his warm breath tickled my ears.

"W-What are you doing? This is sexual harassment..!" I said trying not to succumb to his wish. I attempted pushing him away he's hard as a statue. His face became closer and closer that I closed my eyes hoping that nothing bad will happen.

"I could only do this for the meantime, but I promise to have you wholly next time." I felt something on my neck and he stepped back. "Look forward to our date today. I'll excuse myself for now, you haven't even washed your face." I blushed at his remark and he left.

Eight maids came in and hurriedly threw me to the tub. They scrubbed my whole body and put some perfumed oils on my hair. After the bath, they dressed and dolled me up.

"Your Imperial Highness, may I ask about what happened to your neck?" A raven-haired maid in her teens asked excitedly. "It looks like a kiss mark."

"A-A k-k-kiss mark..?" I stuttered in shock that all of them smirked smugly.

Why are they reactions like that? Are they teasing me?

"That's why His Imperial Highness the Lunarian Crown Prince looked satisfied when he left." Another maid in her twenties with maroon hair and chocolate eyes agreed to her subordinate. I could only vent out my frustration by breaking the comb into two.

They braided my hair shaping it into a headband and inserted some flowers. My bangs fell on my eyelids and my neatly but naturally-curled golden blonde hair was let down. They put some foundation on my face and smiled in contentment. They brought a full-sized mirror in front of me and when I saw my reflection, I was speechless.

So... breathtaking!

A red mark on my neck caught my attention.

So that's what the maids are talking about, I need to hide it not to arouse suspicion from Brother Licht and the others but how? Should I use my hair as a cover? That's a great idea!

I swept some of my hair to my right shoulder and took a look at myself in the mirror one more time. I nodded to myself and opened the door but I saw an annoying face instead.

"Sol, I'm so glad that the dress I picked suits you!"

"Shut up, you freak!!"

"Oh, come on! I spent the whole night preparing for our date." He drooped that guilt hit me.

"Endless glory to the star of Lunaria, this maid shall leave now along with the others!" The eight of them left altogether that I glared at their backs for leaving me with him.

"So, shall we?" He offered his hand so I took it.

We just got out of my palace when my brother got in his way. Lightning sparked between the two guys' gazes that confused me.

Isn't this some kind of special effects? Did I reincarnate in a novel?

"Solaris, where are the two of you going?" He asked obviously annoyed.

"We're going on a date, don't tell me that you plan on being the thirdwheel?" Deim replied that blazes of fire appeared behind him. Wind blew on me so I gulped awkwardly. Brother let out his oozing bloodlust that I shuddered.

"Solaris, is that what I think it is?" He pointed at my neck that I gulped for the second time.

"Nope, it's not..! A bug bit me... that's right..!" I stammered but brother dragged me behind him.

"Stay behind me, I don't know what this guy will do to you in the future when I'm not with you. Deim, I'll warn you again. Stay away from my sister or there'll be war like you told father. Solaris, let's go." Brother Licht coldly declared that surprised me.

He's never been this annoyed, why is he like this? He knows that I can defend myself...