Chapter 35: The Archmage (1)

"It's Lana, Y-Your-- Solaris." She stuttered.

"I see, take care of me Lana." I beamed out a smile that most of the guys swooned. "Are all of you okay? Is it too uncomfortable being with me?" I worriedly inquired that they shook their heads vigorously.

"Everyone, don't make the princess worry. It's her first time in this tower after all." Sir Betelgeuse sternly stated.

"Yes master!" They replied in accord.

They're all so wonderful!

"By the way Solaris, is it true that you share a romantic relationship with His Imperial Highness the Lunarian Crown Prince?"

"W-What?!"

"I thought you have. There's this popular romance novel about you and His Imperial Highness. The author is still anonymous but the way your love was told was quixotic!! To think that none of it is true, what a letdown."

What did she just say?! Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... how come I didn't hear any of this? I'm pretty sure I paid someone to tell me about the latest trends. Sigh.

"How were we portrayed in it?" I curiously questioned her.

"According to the book, you were so beautiful that even the gads would get jealous. Contrary to your appearance, you were cold and headstrong. You even became an adventurer in the latest book that was put on sale yesterday." I sweatdropped.

I think I have an idea of who the author is.

"What else?"

"You unconsciously liked the prince--"

"Stop!!" I cut her off. "I think that's enough, I'll ban that book even if it's abusing my power." I huffed and clenched my fist.

"But Solaris, it's the love story of the century!" She persisted.

"I'll kill its author!!" I unconsciously showed my killing intent that they all shivered.

"Princess, you're not thinking of committing a grave crime right?"--Sir Betelgeuse

"Whatever your thinking, please think carefully before you act."--Sir Bon

"Don't worry, it's just punishment for defamation of the Imperial family." I smirked. "Hehe, maybe tearing the author's limbs one by one is fun. Or maybe I could continuously hurt and heal that person to drive him or her insane... I'll think of more great ideas later..."

"Princess?"--My fellow mages

"Solaris, you have a scary expression on your face..!"--Lana

I beamed out a smile that soothed them. I continued thinking of a befitting torture to the writer.

Based on what Lana said, I 'like' Deim. But I think part of it is true. Helia... did she write the book? Or did Alleria? Maybe the other Helionthan noble ladies misunderstood and wrote it. Why did it happen? I'm sure Deim was delighted when it was written.

This is a nightmare...

We suddenly heard someone call out. We peaked through the window and saw an reddish orange-haired guy in brother's age with twinkling peach eyes. I gasped and hid behind the window curtain.

"Archmage Betelgeuse, please release the Imperial Princess in the name of the Helionthan Emperor!!"

"Heh, and what if I won't?"

Sir Betelgeuse!!

"There'll be mass execution of the mages!!"

"Pfft, how can you defeat me?"

"I will!! I shall save the princess!!"

<Scorching Inferno 1st Phase: Ignited Upsurge>

I saw his powerful from yesterday again. I shuddered at how he became way more powerful than when I fought him. When I looked at the Archmage, he just smirked proudly and teleported in front of the Brûlurian Crown Prince.

"Oh-ho, this is interesting."

"I shall ask you again Archmage Betelgeuse, where is the princess?"

"I tied her up in a room, it was kinda hard just trying to shut her up."

I saw the prince grimaced while the other had an amused expression.

Should I stop them? Nope, maybe not. I could learn something from this and also, the Brûlurian Crown Prince fooled me using his identity as 'Sir Gentil.'

"Look over there, it's the other Crown Princes!! They looked exactly as how 'Mystical Romance' described them!!" Lana exclaimed and pointed farther behind the arguing two.

Oh shit, the five is here too?! Why won't they just leave me alone?! Is marriage the only answer? We can just be friends!

Wait a minute, Mystical Romance? Now, I'm annoyed. How dare that person write about us?!

"I haven't seen this form for a decade, don't disappoint me 'kay?" Prince Wilhelm jumped from his position and attempted to punch the Archmage with his blazing fist. The latter dodged and kicked his feet making the former stumble.

"Little prince, you're a hundred years younger to be my opponent. Just give up and leave before I get fired up."--Sir Betelgeuse

"Absolutely not!!"--Brûlurian Crown Prince

"He's right, this is treason even if you're the Archmage!!"--Tierran Crown Prince

"Where's my sister?"--Brother Licht

This is getting dangerous, maybe I should just show myself...

'Princess, I brought you here so I'll deal with this. You're a little fed up with your title as a member of the Imperial family right?'

Sir Betelgeuse, how did you--!

He winked at my direction so I grinned back at him.