Chapter 36: The Archmage (2)

***Betelgeuse's Viewpoint***

I wanted to pay a visit to the one person whose curse I didn't manage to undo, the Imperial Princess. It's been five years since she returned so I thought visiting her now is a good idea. I left the Tower of Magic using a teleportation scroll we manufacture and arrived in front of Sunni Palace.

I took a look around and found myself lost in a wide grassless ground which told me that I was in the knights' training ground.

What do I do now? This palace was built eight years ago, a couple of years after the Imperial Princess was cursed by my apprentice Randall. I haven't gone here so this is my first time. Can I ask some maids? No good, I don't see anyone.

A beautiful girl arrived in luxurious ashen dress and its hems was purple. Her hair was braided with some flowers woven on it. Her golden blonde hair reflected the sunlight that it can be mistaken for real gold. Her eyes sparkled despite being covered by some of her bangs.

To think that I'd meet her like this... I've never seen a girl this attractive.

I noticed that her saddened face so I ask her about it. But she coldly declined and was about to leave when I introduced myself and asked about her revoked curse.

When she finally recognized me, she sincerely apologized and even asked for a punishment that I couldn't help but snigger.

Why don't I...

After informing her about what her punishment is, I held her soft and warm hands and teleported straight to the Helionthan branch of the Magic Tower. I casted a chantless spell on her to change her hair and eye color.

My oblivious students couldn't recognize her and even ignored our guest. They talked to me about how difficult the spells I taught them and asked for some hints and tips. They flinched when my second apprentice Bon greeted me and called our guest 'princess'.

They formally addressed the Imperial Princess and asked some interesting questions. Even with Bon's stories about her, I was still shocked about her replies.

How did she master all of those fields in five years? Did she receive help from her brother? I know the Crown Prince is a siscon but he would never do anything to hinder his sister's wishes. But she just looks like a frail and helpless lady, there were even no callouses on her hands. It's like she never learned all of those in the first place.

After those 'interrogations', they asked about the relationship between her and the Lunarian Crown Prince that intrigued me.

'Mystical Romance' is a popular novel among commoners, nobles and royals alike. Even a workaholic like me is immersed on it and I'd buy the new volume released. To think that the descriptions about the characters and the plot were very accurate, even my students were unaware that the events in the novel were exclusive only for the Imperial families.

My assumptions about her being 'frail' and 'helpless' subsided when she released her killing intent that even I felt shivers down my spine. She talked about how to chasten the author of the novel that creeped her fellow mages out.

The young prince from Brûluria called out from below the Tower. We argued about the Imperial Princess that he released the 1st Form of his inherited power. It thrilled me so I went down and faced him. I joked about the 'ill' treatment towards the princess that irked him. He rushed to attack me but I dodged and counterattacked.

"Little prince, you're a hundred years younger to be my opponent. Just give up and leave before I get fired up." I got surprised when he refused along with the others even if Lana shouted about their arrival. I saw the princess's worried expression so I assured her telepathically that shocked her as a result.

"Archmage, think carefully before you act. Your safety with the rest of the mages will be guaranteed if you just hand over my sister quietly."--Crown Prince Cyrprus Licht

"I already told you that I won't so f*ck off." I coldly replied.

"Hey, return her to us right now!!"--Crown Prince Deimos Rocher

This guys... they just can't understand that the princess wants to cool off.

"I've looked up to you until now so I'll give you a painless death."--Crown Prince Éclair Dean

"To think I'd see the main characters of 'Mystical Romance in one place, how exciting." I stated with a grin that they clicked their tongue altogether.

I summoned my golden staff Arc-en-Ciel embedded with an emerald representing the wind, a sapphire representing water, a brown opal representing the earth and a ruby representing fire forming a diamond shape in it. A yellow diamond and an amethyst were in the middle of the other gems representing the light and darkness respectively.

I am the only person in the world to have six elements simultaneously so only I can wield this mythical artifact. It also has another form I'd rather show when I'm losing.

"'Mystical Romance', what are you talking about?" Crown Prince Cyrprus Licht

"You'll know when you beat me."

'Princess, I'll fend them off for you.' I transmitted to her.

'Are you sure? Fighting the six Crown Princes all at once and rise victorious is a pipedream. I'll just show myself, it's the only way not to start a war against them.'

'No, don't do that. You were sad earlier because of them right?'

'...'

"Don't doze off just because you're the Archmage!!" The Skypeian Crown Prince yelled and slashed my chest but I blocked his attack with the staff and pushed him away.

"Tch, why do I have to fight with this grandpa!!"

"Hey, do I look like one? Maybe I'm more handsome than you." I smirked that he attacked again so I blocked it and hit his back with the tip of my staff. He huffed while he was on the ground. A holy light covered him and when it dissipated, he was all healed.

'You're really kind princess, you even healed him!'

'It's the right thing to do.'

The Lunarian Crown Prince disappeared and when he came into view, he was already holding the princess's wrist while she was struggling to break free.

'Sorry Sir Betelgeuse.'

'It's okay Princess...'

"I already got her so let's go?"

"Yep." They all replied in accord and left so I sighed in relief.

Dealing with them is definitely a problem!