Chapter 23: Escapade (2)

***Unknown Viewpoint***

I went to the bulletin board of the guild and removed a paper from it. I gave it to the guild master to confirm my quest.

"Are you sure? You know this is for D-Class Adventurers, why don't you pick those who fit your level?"

"Master, can't you just roll with it? Doing S-Class quests are too tiring, and it comes every three months. Who wouldn't be bored of that? Also, I have a hunch that this one could be interesting." I smirked that he could only facepalm.

"What will I tell your father? That you suddenly wanna fool around with quests?" I chuckled.

"Come on! Don't tell that old man anything, you know how domineering he is. Okay, I'll leave now." I said.

<Warp>

I teleported on the roof of an inn. From there I saw a cloaked person walking towards orphans and gave them money.

Is that person a noble? Why is he casually giving money like it grows on trees?

<Amplified Sense>

"There's pretty more where that came from. Don't tell anyone I sneaked out, okay?" A voice of a girl said and I saw her golden blonde hair through the boy's eyes.

The princess herself? I thought she was a frail lady, that's why she never attended social gatherings of any kind. But what's this? Did she really sneak out?

I was just listening to their conversation when I saw a few men talking to each other and laughed to themselves while looking at the princess and the children.

I have a bad feeling about this but I'm ready to protect her, it's also my quest after all. The capturing of the wanted swindlers in this area...

The ugly man lifted the boy up and even threatened them. Struggling to escape, the boy who called himself 'Alan' told her to run but she didn't. Instead, she pointed her sharp silver weapon at the man that he laughed in scorn.

The man attacked her but she managed to dodge swiftly that amazed me.

Frail lady, my ass! She even looks like she trained for years, and how she knows the spell for storing weapons also means that she's a powerful magician.

The man mocked her about being coward and attacked her again but she reacted fast and even counterattacked. He begged for his life to be spared but her bloodlust was already oozing out. The boy hugged her just in time and calmed her.

She asked for his cooperation of his accomplices' surrender and he followed. Yet, one of them a block near me shot a mana-imbued arrow that almost hit her chest. She hit it with her sword stopping the impact and she suddenly teleported to the exact location of the archer.

She's amazing! How did she know where he is? Did she know based on the direction of the arrow? Or was it the overflowing bloodlust of the archer? I'm glad I concealed my presence or she might've killed me for spying on her.

She knocked him unconscious and brought him to his comrades. They became more scared and persisted to spare their lives.

"Yeah, but I'll report this to the Emperor directly. Don't blame me if they execute you okay?"

"How would you do that?"

"Because... I'm the Imperial Princess."

I think it's my cue now. Too bad I wasn't the one who captured them, but I got to see an interesting sight instead! Maybe I'll watch her for a little longer.

"I'll take it from here Princess, you can continue your escapade now. I know you did so much just to get here." She balked at my words.

Well, I just said that based on what she told the children.

"Who are you?"

"Just a concerned citizen of this city." I brought the criminals with me to the guild.

"Oh, that took longer than I expected. Did your skills get rusty perhaps, that you had a hard time catching some minor thugs?" My friend Chris, an AA-Class Adventurer, asked teasingly.

"Actually, I was just a bystander. A girl was the one who caught all of them, she even tried to kill them but I came to interrupt just in time."

"Are you sure it was a girl? You know that a normal girl would tremble just holding a sword! Maybe it was a guy with a feminine face?" I shook my head in disagreement.

Of course he won't believe me! Especially if I told him that it's the princess!

"Nope, it was a girl. I'm sure of it because her dress was that of nobles and she gave quite a sum of money to the children on the streets." He stood up in shock and held my shoulder.

"So she's a noble lady?! From which house was she?!" I shrugged my shoulders. "If you found out about it, tell me and I'll pass this news to the guild master so we could hire her!!" He added in excitement that I sweatdropped.

Should I tell him? Let's try him this time.

"If you know a girl with golden blonde hair and golden eyes, that's her!"

"Okay, golden blo-- t-the I-Imperial P-Princess?!" He shouted in bewilderment that caught the attention of other guild members. We then sat down and they went back to what they were doing.

"Hey, are you messing with me?! It's impossible for a sheltered lady like her to learn how to fight especially how weak she looks!"

"Have I ever lied to you?"

"Yes, multiple times." He replied that dejected me.

"That's not the main point. According to the nobility, a lady wielding a sword is vulgar right?" He nodded. "But what if she really took the path of a warrior in her own accord, can the nobles really insult her if she did? You know that if they do, they either get imprisoned or executed. Considering how protective the Crown Prince is of her, the nobles would face far worse than the two mentioned. You get what I mean?"

"It makes sense, but why would she learn how to fight? Did she really just hone her swordsmanship skills? What if she learned other combative skills like archery and spear-bearing? That's impossible right?" He asked that left me speechless. "Right?"

"Let's ask the Information Guild first!" I ended our conversation and we teleported to the other guild's headquarters.