Chapter Two: Pretty, Pretty Girl.

Holding her skateboard under her arm, walking through the dead of the night and drowning in the darkened oblivion which engulfed the deadly silent street. The blue-haired girl's legs carried her down the street until she took a sudden diversion. Upon turning, her nose merely skimmed scaffolding. Craning her neck backwards, she let out a small breath, grumbling under her breath, taking an animated step to the left, walking under the scaffolding. Buildings either side of her, sludge, faeces and moss covering the ground below her. As she continued onwards, her face scrunched at the sudden acknowledgement that she could neither confirm nor deny is she was totally confident that the brown sludge hiding either in plain sight or tucked away in the corner belonged to that of a stray animal- perhaps even someones tubby, well looked after house cat who simply just went out for a wonder- or that of a human. They were the exact type of questions that Richmond sparked, despite being part of the prosperous city that was Moonstone. Filled with crooks, criminals and those who had become victims to the drugs that riddled the streets.

Staggering slightly on the uneven pavement, Rin continued to toddle down the alleyway holding her free hand held out to her side, brushing each metal pole of the scaffolding as she walked past it. It was only when the entrance to the shady alleyway that she had taken grew to that a pinhole of light at the end of the tunnel was she able to see the red sign, faint buzzing sounding as it flickered. Tulips and Roses read the sign at the front of the bar. Shivering, the girl tugged at the edge of her coat rushing up the three steps to the bar, stopping for a moment to inhale deeply before pushing using some force to push the rusted grey metal door, heading into the bar.

Upon entering, the smell of old beer wafted into the girl's nose, a plush, red carpet under her boots. Placing her skateboard down beside the door, resting it up against the wall, she unzipped her jacket. Pulling it off, she double checked that she had her phone and money. Hanging it up among the very few other jackets, cocking her head to the side while supposing it was empty due to the time of night she had arrived at the bar.

Leaving her belongings, she ventured further into the bar. To the left of the entrance were tables, booths, all adorn with a dark maroon, some visitors sitting in them, conversing with their groups of friends. To the right sat the bar, the thick plush carpet coming to an end, showing a dark oak wooden floor filled with scratches, paling where the bar stools sat. Only one woman was sitting at the bar, her maroon hair reaching the end of her pointed chin, red glasses perched upon the end of her hair. Within the dim lighting and through her weary eyes, the girl then caught a glimpse of Rudy, the barmaid. Cleaning a glass with an old tattered white cloth, deep in conversation with the woman sitting opposite to her. Puffing out her cheeks, Rin approached the bar, heading to the one stool at the very end of the row.

Despite her anticipation to be served by Rudy herself, another man who's name and face she didn't care to remember served her her drink. She'd seen him very few times upon her visits to Tulip and Roses, and each time the man had winked at her whilst attempting to engage her in some sort of cheap excuse of a conversation to which the girl simply hummed in response to. To her, she was baffled that the man was that desperate to get a woman's attention, especially someone like her. Keeping her eyes glued to the man, she supposed there was the off chance that he believed she had some sort of physical attraction towards him due to keeping her gaze glued to him. In reality, it was  not him who she watched with such an intrusive eye, yet rather his hands and her drink. Despite his poor attempts to woo her into sleeping with him, she supposed she could let him live in his bubble of blissful ignorance.

Once the drink was placed in front of her, she thanked the man, handing him two dollar notes to which he accepted, paying the girl some sort of compliment on her messily painted nails before heading out of the bar, perhaps to find someone who actually showed some interest in him. As soon as the drink was placed in front of her, the girl proceeded to chug down the rouge liquid.