Chapter Fifteen: Strawberry Liquor.

If she took one more step closer to the bar, she would have tumbled to the ground and given up there and then. Yet, when she gazed further down the alleyway, she caught sight of Rudy. Earphones in her ears as she locked the door to the bar. Rin stood as though she was a statue, shoving her bloodied hands into her pockets as she stared at the girl. Inwardly, she was undecided as to whether she should have left to the bar as she was under the belief that at this point, Rueben's corpse would be stinking up the apartment. Yet, she caught herself and questioned as to whether or not a corpse could rot as quickly as she believed. How was she supposed to know? It wasn't like she had killed anyone before, and this was certainly going to be the last time she did. Clearing her throat, tensing all the muscles in her body in an attempt to stop herself from shaking. Glancing to the side, seeing the exit of the alleyway before glancing back at Rudy.

Rudy remained blissfully unaware of the bloodied mess to the right of her. Rather listening to the tune going through her ears as she locked up for the night. Yet, that was short-lived as she jumped when she turned around seeing the girl in the dark of the night, the chunky keys in her hold falling to the ground, letting out a shriek as they hit the damp floor. Holding a hand to her chest, she squinted her sight attempting to make out an oddly familiar figure, "uh, hi?" called out the girl as she slowly crouched down, grabbing her keys. I'm the distance, Rin swallowed deeply, her heart pounding in her ears. Something tugged at her, a gnawing tingle in her chest as she took a step forward. Buzzing, the flickering sign emitted enough light for Rudy to realise who was standing before her. Staggering, she rushed down the steps as she approached the girl, growing tearful at the sight of the blue-haired. "Rin- oh my fucking Lord!" she outcried, stopping before her, furrowing her eyebrows, cocking her head to the outside as she looked at the girl. Cheeks unnaturally red as she stared at the girl in front of her. Her bangs were damp from sweat, eyes red as her swollen tulip mouth formed a straight line. Purple puffer jacket marked red near where her hands were tucked away. "Are you bleeding?" Rudy questioned, "oh my Lord, c'mon, come in!" She ushered, turning on her heel going to rush up to the door of the bar. Rin reached out her hand, grabbing the girls wrist, her hands sticky with the drying blood. Rudy tensed as she turned around. The eyes of the other grew tears, her fat bottom lip trembling as she opened her mouth, a string of babbled sounds leaving her lips. Bringing her hand to Rin's cheek she spoke, "baby, what's wrong?" Turning her head slightly to the right, her almond eyes widened as a single tear fell down her cheek.

"R- Rudy, I did something... bad."

Placing a glass of strawberry juice in front of the bloodied girl, she exhaled looking at her. Rin mustered the strength to look upwards at the girl, Rudy seeing that her once full chubby cheeks had grown thinner and the blue bags under her eyes lower. "Add... add something strong," she spoke, "like whiskey or something," Rin mumbled, her eyes trailing back to her bloodied hands that were against the bar. Rudy couldn't help but snort at the girl's request, pushing the drink closer to her.
"Whiskey? As a mixer to strawberry juice? Darlin', you really know nothing about liquor, do you?" she queried, smirking. Rin glared at her, the smirk that had found its way onto her face soon gone, "sorry," she uttered, "now are you going to tell me why you're here? It's almost 3 am and you came to the bar, your hands full of blood. Did you hurt yourself?" Staring at Rudy, Rin didn't even blink, her remaining stone cold. "Rin, you need to work with me on this. Did you do something to yourself?"
"I- I tried to make him stop," she whispered, her gaze going right through the other, "I cared about him, at least, I thought I did," proceeded the blue-haired, "he left me no choice, Rudy," Rin croaked, tilting her head upwards to gaze into the latter's eyes as her bloodied hang trailed upwards to the turtle neck she was wearing. Red and blue bruises covered her neck, the bruise carrying on the more she pulled the turtle neck down. Rudy's face contorted into a depiction of anger as the amusement slipped off of her face,
"Where the fuck is he?" Rin questioned, "it was Rueben right? That little fucking prick!" she yelled, a manic giggle passing Rin's lips as she tipped her head back, continuing to laugh. Rudy's seething breath settled, listening to the girl's crazed spurt, "Rin, w- where is he?"
"Dead." she exhaled, shuffling off of the barstool, grabbing her drink as she wandered behind the bar and past the girl. Rudy quickly turned, watching as the girl grabbed a bottle of vodka from the collection, unscrewing the lid
"Dead?" repeated Rudy. Peering over her shoulder, Rin gave her a small nod as she unscrewed the lid of the vodka, going to pour some into her juice, only for Rudy to grab the bottle out of her hand. "You're lying to me, Rin," Rudy shakily told, "you probably just knocked him out or something- we need to go back to your apartment, he'll wake up and call the police and-"
"HE'S DEAD!" Rin screamed, taking the glass that she had left beside the other bottles, launching it across the room, shattering against the wall. "what don't you understand. Rudy? I killed him! He's not going to magically wake up and call the fucking police!" She continued, growing breathless, "I killed him- he hurt me so much- he deserved- no he didn't!" Rin grasped the side of her head, "I don't- Rudy, I killed him," she whimpered, "I'm gonna go to jail, I'm gonna be in so much trouble." Grabbing the jacket that she threw on the side of the island, she quickly put it on before holding the girls out to her.
"Wipe your tears, darlin'," the girl spoke, placing a hand under Rin's chin, giving her a toothy grin, "that hasn't caught me yet and it's not catchin' you first."