Chapter Seven: Debt.

"With it only being a month since Adams Co. were drowning in controversy, another filed report of a missing female has the public believing they have something to it. 24-year-old Jazmin Push was reported missing yesterday morning and following this, the case that had been closed involving the rest of the missing women has been reopened. However, it has apparently been speculated that the police have another lead. Mason Garcia, deputy head of the Moonstone City police department, made a statement earlier this morning in which he claimed that the police force is doing its best to find all these missing women and return them home to their families, where they belong. Lucy Jones reporting live from Richmond."

Sitting on her sofa in her apartment, a frown met with Rin's face, "did you hear about all the young girls going missing in the city?" she called to the latter who was standing in the kitchen, making Rin a glass of strawberry juice and herself a glass of some sort of cheap whiskey.
"I know, it's bad," the girl responded, bringing the bottle of her drink to her lips, taking a big gulp. Her face instantly screwed up, her eyes tightly closing as they watered, "Lord Francis! That is some strong shit!" she exclaimed, "you sure you don't want some?"
"No, no, I'm good, thank you for the offer," the girl murmured,
"Suit yourself, that just means more for me," Rudy shrugged, screwing on the cap of her drink, grabbing both glasses.
"I recognise that girl," Rin commented, grabbing the remote, pausing it on the photo of the missing girl. Rudy brought the drinks into the living room, placing them onto the coffee table before looking at the image,
"Oh shit, she used to work for Briar," Rudy commented. "I spoke to her once as well. Truly a shitty world we live in, huh?" she asked, looking at the blue-haired who stared at the picture, opening her mouth before shaking her head, looking at Rudy,
"Truly a shitty world."

"I know and I just feel awful about it." Briar held the phone to her ear, tipping her head back as she mindlessly used her feet to spin herself in her office chair. Puffing out her cheeks, she proceeded to listen to the person at the other end of the phone ramble at her. "Alright, you don't have to keep repeating it to me, I know everything about her, it's fine. And yes, I know about the missing models, I've had the police harassing me for the past week about it!" Yet, her calmness didn't help aid the latter as they proceeded to raise their voice at the woman. "CELINA!" she roared, the voice at the other end falling silent. "How many fucking times do I have to tell you, huh? I told you I've got everything under control from the entire Rin situation to the police and the reporters. She won't find out and I will not let her hurt anyone if she just so happens to catch word of what's actually going on behind the scenes. I'm safe and Rudy is safe. Hell, Rudy has her wrapped around her pinky finger," Briar snorted, shaking her head thinking of a particular blue-haired woman. "Do you need me to dumb it down for you?" she queried, putting the phone on speaker, tossing it onto her desk.
"No, you don't," a voice sounded, "but in the name of Lord Francis, are you really just going... do this? She had a complete psychotic meltdown when her mother died- what do you think will happen when she realises that Rudy doesn't love her?"
"She won't," responded Briar through gritted teeth,
"But she will! Nothing stays a secret forever, Briar. And knowing your big mouth you'll end up blabbering out and she'll kill-"
"So what if she kills herself?" the blonde-haired woman yelled, "you want Rudy all to yourself, Celina, don't try and lie out of this one by making me pity her. You wouldn't give a shit whether or not she was breathing. The only reason you're friends with her is because you know she knows Rudy! What was stopping you from going after her, huh? You know where she works-"
"Because unlike you, I'm not a bad person. I'm friends with Rin because-"
"Because you're scared of her," Briar finished, "I knew what I was signing up for when she became an employee at my agency and I'll tell you what, as soon as Lewis Carter decides to pull his head from his ass and get me the contracts for her and Rudy, then she'll be off of my hands. They can deal with her crazy ass!"