Chapter Seventeen: A Tooth for a Tooth.

Staring in the mirror, Rin looked into the mirror vacantly. In her hands were a pair of scissors. Her body had been covered in lines she had shakily drawn on with a marker. Small waist, smaller tummy, especially being sure to include the flabby skin under her arms. Over the past few days, she had been feeling more and more astray from the person she had become during her time with Rueben. Despite being happy he was gone, there had grown a new monster in the girl's mind. Its thick, slimy tentacles wrapped around her and constricted her breathing, but at night it grew much more violent. Paranoia seeped into her brain and heart, taking hold of the girl when it came to whatever choices she was making. Rudy only had to make the smallest noise while they were sitting together and she's jump out of fear.

Celina had been relentless when it came to messaging her. She made Rin hate everything she was. Her past, her present and her future self were nothing in comparison to what Celina was at that moment in time. Prettier, wittier and meaner. Rudy was oblivious to everything that was happening to the girl. She thought everything was fine. One thing that Rin had realised with being in her second relationship with the girl (if you can really count the first one) was that she lived in this state of blissful ignorance. If it didn't concern her, then her brain wouldn't even pick up on something. Either that or she just couldn't tell that something was wrong. Rin didn't want to bring up Celina with Rudy, the last time she had it had resulted in a weird tension forming between the pair. Besides, what would Rudy do? Tell her off like an angry parent when their kid was getting bullied in the playground? Rin decided for once in her life that she wasn't going to run away from the threat, she wasn't going to rely on someone. Despite all that Celina had done to her, she didn't want to lose their friendship. After all, she was one of the last people Rin had.

Rin was tired. Very tired. Her phone screen burnt her eyes as she stared at the continuous messages she had been getting spammed with by Celina. To think that a few months she would have considered Celina to be her closest friend was something that almost made her laugh. Celina was a bitter bitch but there was something that still remained in Rin that made her a tad bit sweeter than her. In all honesty, Rin had no idea why she was being treated so horribly by a girl who had claimed to be her friend. Of course, she had always been treated as second best when it came to their friendship and other people, but Rin tried her best with Celina and always had been there for her when she needed help. As time ticked by, it was the day before the fashion show that the girl couldn't block out the voice in her head. In a dramatic attempt to salvage what was remaining on their friendship, Rin decided that she would pay Celina a visit.

"Where are you going?" Rudy asked, trotting out of the bedroom to see Rin putting her thick, black leather boots on, tugging at the skirt she was wearing. She jumped as she heard the voice of the girl who she had believed to have been sleeping. Slowly turning, she offered Rudy a tight-lipped smile,
"I- I'm going to meet Lewis for brunch," she told, her voice breaking as she maintained eye contact with Rudy. Of course, she would never tell the girl where she was actually going to go. She didn't know whether Rudy would be okay with her going or if she would try to stop her, and Rin was determined to fix whatever she had done to hurt the girl.

"I didn't think you'd actually bother to show up. Usually, you spend more time running away from your problems than actually trying to solve them," Celina spoke after opening the door, seeing Rin on the other side. Gulping thickly, the girl slowly stepped into the other's home, Celina closing the door behind her. Staring at the girl, her mouth hung open as she struggled to form a  sentence. Taking a deep breath, she gulped,
"I- I just want to fix whatever I did wrong. I hate being on bed terms with you, C," she admitted. Crossing her arms, Celina laughed,
"The only way you'd fix the bad blood between us is if you brought Rueben back from the dead but I think me and you know that's not going to happen. Is it?" A numbing coldness surged through Rin's veins as a knot formed in her throat. "I bet you thought you would have gotten away with killing him, didn't you? Well, Rinnie, spoiler alert, you didn't."
"I- I-"
"Don't even try to stutter your way out of this one, you're going to listen to me and you're not going to try and defend yourself," Celina spat, poking her finger at the girl's chest. "I knew something was wrong with 'Rueben' because he was trying too hard to be himself. And then I saw that picture of you and Rudy together and that's when I knew one of you did something. So I decided to do my own investigating of my own. You know, when I slept with Rudy, I was hoping to find something in your messages that told me something bad about you. Briar was so desperate to make sure you didn't go running. But no, I found something better. I'll give it to her though, it wasn't anything on you," she exhaled. "She has a burner phone and when I went through said phone I found out something which can send her to jail for life,"
"W- What?" Rin questioned, her voice cracking. Celina grinned brightly,
"Well, Rinnie, I'm so happy that you asked! The missing cases, it was all her."