Chapter Eight: Son of a Bitch.

"Well, well, well. Darlin', to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here tonight?" Rudy chimed, heading across the bar seeing the blue-haired girl sitting opposite her. A bright smile on her face as she opened her purse, grabbing a note from inside, pushing it across the bar,
"Strawberry juice... on the, what is it? On the stones?" Rin queried, cocking her head to the side. Rudy facepalmed, taking the two dollar bills from off of the bar,
"On the rocks, baby," she told, Rin's cheeks flushing red letting out a small laugh.
"Of course, I know that, I was only joking when I said the other thing," she spoke. Both of them shared a look, Rudy quirking an eyebrow at the girl, "I don't drink," Rin defended, holding her hands up,
"Fine, I'll let you off on that one. One strawberry juice on the rocks coming right up," she teased, heading away from the latter.

After the photo shoot, the pair had spent quite a lot of time together, awaiting the release of the campaign. Despite having the photoshoot at the beginning of October, it wasn't until the end of November that the collection would be released. Not only that but both Rudy and Briar agreed in the background that the woman would have to continue to spend time with Rin to ensure that, when both the campaign and the fashion line were released, they would need to be convincingly close for the contracts to be placed in the pair's hands.

Peering over her shoulder, Rudy kept her eyes on the blue-haired whilst pouring her drink, a small smile forming on her face. It was only when she felt wetness dripping down her fingers that she snapped her head around, realising that she had been mindlessly pouring the strawberry juice, the drink slowly beginning to flood the countertop. Letting out a loud huff, she placed the juice carton down, reaching over the counter as her braids soaked in the drink. Cringing, she quickly pulled her hair away from the puddle, wiping down the counter. Meanwhile, Rin rested her head upon her palm, letting out a dreamy sigh whilst watching the girl attempt to not completely destroy the place. Eventually, Rudy made her way back over to her girlfriend, placing the glass down in front of her. "And there you have it, a strawberry juice on the rocks just as you asked for," she announced, Rin giggling under her breath, taking the glass in her hands, taking a sip.
"I think you need a goodnight's sleep, angel," commented the other before taking a swig of the drink. Rudy hummed, leaning over placing her forehead against the table letting out a heavy sigh. Her posture grew tense as she glanced at the kids themed bright red watch on her wrist, seeing she had another hour at the bar. Yet, she soon relaxed when a hand gently scratched the back of her head,
"I have such a bad headache," Rudy grumbled, "my braids are way too tight," she added, Rin frowning.
"Well, how about you close the bar early, I'm sure your boss wouldn't mind. You can come back to mine and you can take them out," she offered, Rudy slowly lifting her head from the table, her eyes locking with the latter.

Something hit the woman as she gazed into Rin's light blue eyes. She saw the empathy radiating from the other, her gentle smile sending a beam of warmth through her body. Rin moved her hand from her head, bringing it to caress her face. "I hate the thought of you being uncomfortable. Besides, the place is empty anyway," she persuaded. Nodding her head, Rudy cleared her throat, going to rub her eyes only for Rin to grab her wrist.
"You have mascara on," she warned, the latter slowly putting her arm down,
"What would I do without you?" Rudy queried, Rin shrugging her shoulders,
"Oh, I don't know, you'd probably implode," she told, "is there anything I can do to help you out it's the bar or..."
"Nope, just sit there and look pretty for me," the girl told only to pause for a moment, "actually, go and lock the door, don't want anyone coming in now we're shut."

Slamming the metal door shut, the pair shivered as the midnight air blew harshly, Rin turning to the woman, "the photo shoot is released tomorrow," she murmured, the latter nodding her head,
"Yeah. I think they only have this line to cover their backs after all the shit that's come out about them,"
"They wouldn't do something like that," Rin responded as they headed from out of the alleyway, Rudy chuckling.
"C'mon, darlin'," Rudy spoke, her words clouding in the air, "they're very rich people, of course, they're going to be involved in something like that. Just because they were nice to you doesn't mean their intents are pure,"
"I could say that about anyone who's ever been nice to me," answered Rin, "hell, I could even say it about you," she told. Rudy held her breath at the woman's words, gulping thickly as her lips formed into a firm line, "but I can tell when people are truly good and you're one of those people, I know you are." Grabbing the girls hand, she brought it up to her lips, pressing a kiss on the top,
"I know you know me well. But who knows... maybe they're only being nice to you because they want to get something from you,"
"I can tell Lewis was being nice because he truly meant it. Angel, he even asked for my number." she snorted, "do you think something bad will happen to me if I keep talking to him?" she queried, her wandering gaze trailing to a missing poster stapled to a wooden lamppost, "the truth is even if I were so drop off the face of the Earth, I- I wouldn't care," she whispered. Rudy furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the woman.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You're all I have," Rin told, "and, I don't know, if I disappeared with no trace and no nothing, I don't think anyone would really care," she spoke,
"I'd care," Rudy informed, a gummy grin forming on Rin's flushed cheeks, "you shouldn't constantly be thinking like that, you have people who care even when it doesn't seem like they do. Hell, you'll have a lot more people tomorrow when this campaign is released." Rudy grinned, tightening her grip on her hand,
"Thank you," Rin whispered.
"Anytime. Now get those legs moving, I want to be in the warmth of my own apartment.