Chapter Fourteen: Throw Away.

At the beginning of their relationship, Rin felt as though she had the chance to be happy with someone who she cared about her as much as she cared about them. Rueben was nice to her and he did things for her. He made her laugh and he carried her from December to January, the cold bite of the winter still hanging around into the new year. Yet, her heart had grown warmed by the boy who she had grown a liking to. In the back of her mind, though she would never admit it, Rudy still stood. Cushioned by the positive thoughts the girl had thought when her face entered her mind. Often, there was a conflict in her mind with the image of Rueben in comparison to the image of Rudy. But ultimately, Rueben always won by default.

Over the month she had been seeing Rueben, the messages Rudy had wanted to send rotted away with her guilty corpse. Despite the guilt that had ravaged her body after sleeping with Celina, she decided to reward herself. The money she had gained through the campaign they did with Adams Co. was more than generous and it allowed her to finally get the one thing she had wanted. Pen and ink made it final as she signed her name at the bottom of the form. She was now the proud owner of her bar in the middle of one of the most wealthy places in Moonstone City. That day, when she stood in the centre of the wide space, part of her heart ached. She imagined how happy the blue-haired girl would have been beside her, and how proud she would have been to see her finally get what she wanted. The only reason she had gotten the bar without waiting for the main contract- which is what she had been promised by Ryan Adams himself- was in a weak attempt to fill the void that was tearing her apart from the inside out.

"It makes sense for us to do," Emmy spoke, looking at Rudy who was sitting across from her. After having an idea, Rudy had asked Briar to give her the number of whoever was in charge of organising things when it came to the company they had been working closely alongside each other. That's how she ended up inside Emmy Adams office, on the opposite side of the woman's desk. Adjusting the silk, black bow around her neck, sitting with her legs crossed, Emmy smiled at the girl, "we'd be able to get the press there and everything," she added, Rudy nodding her head.
"That's the plan," told the girl, "it would be beneficial for both of the business, but I don't think you need help with public attention,"
"After the controversy a few months ago, we'll take whatever we can get to clear our name," she murmured, "you know, the police are absolutely useless. Cherrie has been missing for a month and they still haven't found any clues as to where she's gone." Rudy blinked rapidly at the girl's words. Cherrie went missing? "I take it you didn't know."
"N- No, I didn't," she stuttered, "I was good friends with her, she used to always go to my old bar after a long day and we'd just talk. I assumed the only reason she wasn't answering any of my messages was because she was busy planning her wedding." Sighing, Emmy shook her head,
"I wish that was the case but it isn't. Although, as soon as one of our own goes missing, the police magically decide to drop their claims against our company. Funny, huh?"
"Real funny."

"Did you hear that Rudy got the bar she wanted? Briar told me that she's going to be partnering with Adams Co. for the grand opening on Lord Ivy's birthday," Rueben spoke to the girl who was sitting across from him, a bottle of water in hand. Perking her ears up, she lifted her head in the direction of the brown-haired boy,
"Let me guess, Briar wants me to go?" she spoke, looking down at the diary on the kitchen island. Sighing, the boy placed his hands on either side of the blue book,
"I know you don't like either of them and you have every right to not like them, but that's also the day that they will be announcing that they'll be signing the entirety of Briar's agency to be their own model's,"
"The only reason they got that contract is because they tricked me into thinking that Rudy liked me! Briar has been posting old photos of me and Rudy on Twitter to convince people that we're still together!" Rin snapped, looking at the boy in front of her, "I know you only want the best for me, Rue, I do. But that isn't what's the best for me," she told.
"Then what is? You don't have a job and all you do is sit around in the apartment. Are you waiting for something to happen?" Rueben questioned, furrowing his eyebrows,
"I don't know what I'm waiting around for," Rin whispered, "I just... I will never be able to face either of them again for what they did to me,"
"You're going to have to keep that in the past," Rueben simply stated, "once you're signed to the company, you'll never hear from Briar ever again. She won't have control over you anymore,"
"But I'll be partnered with Rudy." Both of them knew she was right with that. There was no way the company would sign both of the girl's and not ground them together. Especially after the chaos, they had caused on social media during the first campaign. It would be stupid for them to sign them and not get their money's worth out of both of them. Rin wouldn't blame Lewis if that was the case, the raven-haired was sweet and he showed her kindness, but everything in that industry always broke down into one thing and one thing only. Business.
"I'm sick to fucking death of you mentioning Rudy," Rueben snapped, his sudden rise in tone causing the blue-haired girl to jump, "I've heard the story so many times, Rin, you need to let it go." Rudy stared dumbly at the boy, the sudden change in personality from the brunet leaving her speechless. "You don't hear me go on about my ex's, do you?"
"T- This is the first time I've mentioned her in weeks- you brought her up." Rin was being honest. If the woman was ever mentioned in a conversation, it would always be Rueben who would himself who would bring it up. Sighing, Rueben put a hand on the girl's shoulder,
"You're right, I'm sorry," he apologised, "but just think about it, please, Rin."