Part 17 | Realm Issues

"You ready Odinsons?" You asked as you walked through the halls of the Vanaheim castle. Today you were addressing some realm issues and had brought the brothers to accompany you.

"Always am" Loki answered as Thor nodded. They were dressed in full armour.

You shimmered yourself into one of the traditional outfits:

Padme from StarWars😩 change if you want, make it fancy <3

"That's beautiful" Loki murmured.

"Thanks" you smiled as you pushed open the doors to the hall.

"Welcome your Majesty's" a voice called as the three of your strode towards the throne.

"My sweet angel, you have returned" your Mother said, stepping forward.

"Know your place" you answered simply and she bowed her head, moving back. Thor shot you a questioning look.

"Family issues, I'll explain later" you muttered and the Brothers nodded.

You walked up the small steps to the throne and stood in front of it, Loki taking his place on your left and Thor on your right.

You couldn't do but notice how regal Loki looked. The God of Mischief was locked away and replaced by the Royal Side of Loki. He smirked slightly, defiantly reading your thoughts.

"Please, be seated" you said, sitting on the throne. Everyone complied, and you began.

————————————-

"What is the status on citizen wages?" You asked. A young woman stood up, looking nervous. You smiled encouragingly at her and she took a deep breath before answering.

"The wages have fallen to (cool money name I guess)."

"What?" You exclaimed, looking over at the council allocated to the people. "Why?"

"Well, you see- uh-"

"You mean to tell me that the people are making less than 32% of the minimum wage?"

"It's actually 33%" someone called out.

"It's not" you replied.

"How do you know?"

"Because I just did the calculations in my head."

"Apologies your Majesty, we've recalculated and you are correct."

"That's quite alright" you answered with a smile. "Give an immediate check of four months wages to every household in the realm and double the minimum wage."

Talking and chatter broke out across the hall.

"Silence" you called out calmly. Everyone hushed. "Thank you. I am aware that this is a drastic measu-"

"That is outrageous!" Your Father boomed, standing up. "If I may your highness-"

"You may not, sit down" you interjected coldly. He slowly returned to his seat, glaring daggers at you.