Part 22 | Reunited

*Five Years Later*

Loki's POV:

Thor and I stepped into the Royal Courtroom of Vanaheim, taking a seat near the back.

There was realm meeting being held here today with representatives from Alfheim, Nilfheim, Svartalfheim and Muspelheim present. Technically we weren't meant to be here, but who cares.

Thor placed a hand on my shoulder, making me look over at him. I realised I'd been fiddling nervously with the ring on my left hand, I habit I'd picked up.

"Calm yourself brother, she will be overjoyed to see you" he said confidently, smiling. I nodded, looking around nervously.

What if she's found someone else? What if I'm too late? What if-

There she is.

"Order in the court please!" She called, walking confidently into the Royal Court Room of Vanaheim.

She looks even more beautiful than I remember.

Her (h/c) hair was longer, falling (your hair length.) Her (e/c) were bright, but lacked the joy I always remember seeing in them. I wonder why.

She wore the traditional clothes of the Vanaheim Queen, the beautiful red gown flowing behind her as walked with confidence towards the centre of the room. She was truly born to be a Queen.

"We welcome all the representatives from the realms to Vanaheim. Thank you all for coming" N/n announced, smiling at them all warmly.

I missed that smile.

"Where's the King?" Someone called out.

Oh.

Thor looked over at me with alarm as I looked sadly down at the ground beneath me.

There's someone else.

I'm too late.

"There is no king. But I think you shall find I am capable on my own" she answered calmly, looking at the one who spoke.

My heart lifted slightly. Maybe there's still hope.

"She's waiting for some idiot to come back for her" someone sneered. I looked down at her left hand to see a gold glimmer.

Shes still wearing it.

"Do not speak of him that way" N/n snapped, spinning around to glare them. I snickered quietly.

Always protecting my pride.

"I am only going to marry for love" she continued firmly. "If you don't agree then please remove yourself from my court."

Does she still love me?

"It's been five years your highness."

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I have all my faith in him. Now, please state your reasons" she said finally, sitting down on the Golden Throne.

Thor beamed at me as I smiled.

She's still waiting for me.

———————————————

"I suggest you double the minimum wage, otherwise your realm shall fall to ruins" N/n suggested to the representatives for Nilfheim. They all nodded.

The same words as last time.

Suddenly I had an idea.

"May I suggest something your majesty?" I called out.

She looked around for the voice. "You may" she called.