Part 18 | Gone

"Morning your highness" Loki said as he sauntered into the Tower living room. You looked up from your book to him floating a cup of tea towards you.

"Morning Lokes" you smiled, taking the tea. "Thanks."

He flopped down beside you on the couch, stealing your book and reading a few words. He flicked his wrist, vanishing the novel.

"Hey!" You exclaim. He chuckled quietly.

Suddenly a group of people wandered into the room, all looking quite wary.

You jumped up, pointing a dagger at them warily. "Who the fuck are you lot?"

"Woah woah calm down!" A man exclaimed, holding his hands up.

"We're here to see Stark" a green woman said.

"Tell me who you are."

"Calm down your Royal Highness" Tony said sarcastically.

"She's a Queen??" A small raccoon exclaimed, looking at you suspiciously.

"There's no way, she can't be older than 16" the other man replied, looking you up and down.

"I'm right here idiots, and yes, I am a Queen" you huffed. "Now who the fuck are you."

"I'm Quil" the tall man said. "But you can call me Star Lord."

The others proceeded to introduce themselves.

"Right. So we have Star Man, Green girl, Rat, Grey dude, Bug lady and a fucking tree" Nat summed up, looking amused. The group sighed.

"Ignore these idiots" Tony commented. "Wait outside I'll be out in a minute."

They nodded and filed out, most of them shooting you suspicious looks.

"Mr Stark, I don't feel so good" Peter said suddenly. His voice trembled violently and everyone immediately looked over at him.

"Are you okay kid?" Tony asked quickly, standing up and moving over to him.

"I-I"

Suddenly his shoulder began to turn to dust. He looked at it in shock as everyone gasped.

"No" Tony whispered. "No no no no."

"Mr Stark I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go" Peter choked out, lurching forwards and holding onto Tony tightly.

Tony hugged him back as Peter's face slowly floated away. "I'm sorry, Tony" he whispered before he disappeared. Tony fell to the floor as everyone cried out.

"Wanda?" Pietro whispered, holding his sisters face as she disappeared slowly.

"I love you all so much" she whispered, looking around at all of you before crumbling away into nothing.

Over in the corner you could see Sam and Bucky looking sadly at each other as they crumbled away. Steve leapt forward to grab them, only for his hands to fall through.

Nat suddenly leant forward, a hand held to her heart. "Yelena" she whispered.

You turned to Loki with tears in your eyes. He reached out to stoke your cheek when his hand began crumbling away.

He just looked at it sadly before looking back at you. "I didn't think I'd go this way" he whispered, cradling your face as he began floating away.

"No! No no no no Loki!" You sobbed, reaching forward to touch his face. Thor gasped and ran over to the both of you.

"Loki" he whispered, looking down at him. Loki smiled up at him sadly.

"Thank you brother, for everything" he said quickly before looking back at you. "N/n, I-"

Whatever he was going to say was cut off as he turned to dust in your hands.

"NO!" You shrieked, reaching forward to catch the dust. Your body shook violently with the sobs that wracked your body, a choking noise coming from your throat.

Thor picked you up gently as you cried.

"No, no! Put me down! I have to save him!" You sobbed, thrashing around in his arms.

"Y/n there's nothing we could do" Thor whispered, silent tears running down his cheeks.

"What happened? Where is he?" You choked out. "Loki if this is some sort of joke, some sort of illusion stop it now."

There was nothing.

—————————————————

You were nothing. A no one. An unresponsive wall of blood and flesh.

Numb.

The others had told you about Thanos, a man they had been fighting whenever they sent you and Loki on missions.

They said they hadn't told you or brought you along because of your age, saying you were too young. Peter didn't know about him either.

Not that it matters. Peter's gone, Sam's gone, Bucky's gone, Wanda's gone, Nat's sister Yelena's gone, Loki's gone.

Loki is gone.

He's not coming back.

He crumbled to ash in your hands, and there's nothing you can do.

You stood up slowly from your chair in the meeting room.

"Well" you said quietly, your voice cracking. "I have no purpose here anymore, if you need me I'll be on Vanaheim."

The others called out for you but you ignored them and teleported home.

Untrue.

You couldn't teleport home. Never again.

Because your home was with Loki. And you never got to tell him how much you loved him.

How he filled your days with joy and entertainment.

How his young, but beautiful features brightened your mood as soon as you saw them.

But he'll never know that.

You trudge into the castle, ignoring everyone who tried to speak to you. You called an emergency meeting and stepped into the Royal Courtroom.

As you sat numbly on the throne, everyone trickled in happily, their moods dissipating as soon as they laid eyes on you. When everyone had arrived you began.

"Half an hour ago, I lost the love of my life" you began, standing up from your seat.

"I lost the one person who made me truly happy without even trying. And he'll never know that. Because I never got to tell him" you choked out, your voice ringing around the silent room.

"He was my anchor. My rock. The owner of my heart. And now he is gone along with some of the closet friends I will ever have. I lost my Motherly figure. I lost the main people holding me to Midgard. And now they are gone, I will be returning to my duty of Queen full time" you finished before you walking back out of the room.