Part 20 | I Need You

You sat on the couch in Loki's room, flicking through a book. Occasionally you would look up at the bed and see Loki, sleeping peacefully. Your heart throbbed and you quickly looked back down.

"Good morning darling" he said in a raspy voice, sitting up slowly.

You looked at him sadly. "My best work yet" you murmured before going back to your book.

"N/n? What's wrong?"

"You're not real" you answered simply, turning the page. "You're an illusion, made by my brain to cope."

"Darling, I'm real. I'm here" he replied, standing up and moving towards you slowly.

"You say that every morning!" You snapped, tears threatening to spill over. "Every morning you say you're real and then you disappear. Because my brain can't deal with it."

It broke Loki's heart to see this, to hear those words. But he knew he was real.

"Love, It's me, I'm real" he whispered, carefully sitting down beside you.

You laughed quietly. "Now I definitely know it's not real."

"Why?"

"Because he called me darling or float. Not love, because I never got the chance to tell him I love him" you answered, glaring at your book as tears rolled down your cheeks. "And now he'll never know."

Loki gently pulled the book book out of your grasp and wrapped his arms around you. You gasped and looked up at him.

"Yesterday, that wasn't a dream?" You whispered. He smiled softly and shook his head.

"No love, I'm right here. I'm real and I love you."

You looked at him for a moment before snuggling into his arms. "Don't say that, it's going to hurt more when you disappear" you mumbled, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"Love, I'm not an illusion."

"Prove it."

He tilted your chin up, making you look at him. He slowly wiped the tears off your cheeks before leaning down and pressing his lips against yours.

"Mr Loki! Have you seen- SORRY! SORRY! I PROMISE I'M NOT LOOKING!"

Peter had run in the door to see you two on the couch.

"SORRY!" He shouted again, his hand firmly over his eyes as he backed out of the room, bumping into the walls.

Loki chuckled and pulled away, looking at the spiderling as he stumbled out. "Peter you can open your eyes" he called out.

"Oh, um, thank you Mr Loki, sorry" Peter replied, going a bit red. "I was just wondering if you'd seen Miss Y/n, but um, she's obviously here."

"What do you need Pete?" You asked, laying your head on Loki's chest as he rubbed his hands up and down your back.

"Miss Eira's in the living room."

"Thanks Pete, tell her I'll be down in a moment."

"Okay! Sorry again!" He answered happily, running out of the room again.

"Funny boy" you said with a laugh.

"Indeed" Loki replied, smiling. He kissed you again before shimmering you both into comfortable clothes. "Come on my love, let's go see your sister."

You took his outstretched hand and teleported you both into the living room. A few shrieked and Nat shot a bullet at you which Loki caught.

Everyone looked at him in amazement as he causally threw it across the room, landing in the bin.