Part 23 | Illusions

"On your left!" You called out to Loki as you fought off the Mafia guys.

"Thank you love" he answered, flicking a blade sideways without looking.

After a few minutes you had managed to get to the door, Loki slipping in behind you before you slammed it shut.

"Alright darling, you get through the door lock while I go disable the cameras" Loki said. You nodded and he planted a kiss on your forehead before disappearing through the office door.

You move towards the vault door, sliding your gun back into your holster.

Just as you reached the keypad, you stepped on a hidden trap. A slim rope tangled around your ankle, yanking you up into the air.

You placed a finger on the comm you had attached to your ear. "Position compromised" you muttered, hanging pathetically in the air.

"Alright, don't move Y/n" Steve instructed. "Lokis almost done, we're sending him to you in a moment. We don't want you to land on anything else."

You sighed, folding your arms over your chest as you swung gently.

"Someone's coming in" Steve said sharply. "Don't speak to them."

"Thanks Steven, great help" you hissed as the door clicked open.

"What do we have here?" A tall man drawled, walking towards you slowly. Two others stepped in behind him, grabbing your wrists and cuffing them behind your back.

You stayed silent, choosing to glare at him. He smirked and moved out of your sight, standing behind you. You felt him grab your hand, looking at it.

"This is a pretty thing" he said boredom, sliding the ring off your left hand. "Special, I assume?"

"Give it back" you demanded, twisting around to see him. The man moved back into your line of sight, admiring the beautifully shaped metal.

"Engagement?" He asked with a smirk, throwing it up and catching it again. "Marriage?"

"What do you want?" You hissed through gritted teeth.

He merely shrugged. "Nothing."

"Then give me back my ring and let me go."

Where was Loki when you needed him? You tried to hold back a snicker as you thought of him trying to figure out to use the cameras. Technology wasn't his strong point.

"I don't think I will" the man replied, sitting down in an armchair in front of you. The other two men stationed themselves on either side of him, guns at the ready.

You sighed, rolling your eyes.

"I am Martin Straghoff" he said in an important voice. "And I am the leader of the Italian Mafia."

"Really? Martin?" You snorted.

He ignored you, but you saw his jaw clench slightly. He got up suddenly and walked around the room, shooting you annoyed glares.

"Where's your little partner?" He questioned, handing behind you again.

"He's eating popcorn while he watches you make a fool of yourself."

"He won't save you."

"Yes he will, he always does."

"No he won't."

"Keep telling yourself that buddy."

"You have a lot of confidence in me my love" a soft voice whispered in your ear.

You shrieked and twisted around to see Loki standing behind you, causally throwing the ring up and down in front of him. You looked back to see the other two men had disappeared.