Part 19 | My Darling

~ Three Years Later ~

You hummed a tune quietly to yourself as you lit the candles. The same tune you had always been singing for the past three years. You had never told anyone, but it was Loki's favourite song.

You sat in front of the shrine in your room, filled with photos of Loki. Of the two of you together, him alone, him with the team, the list goes on. Pinned to the top was a small piece of paper saying "My darling."

He wrote this as a joke, not knowing that years later it would become one of your most prized possessions.

You crossed your legs and just looked at him. At his beautiful, young face, filled with joy and mischief.

You smiled slightly at your favourite photo. It was a picture of him, standing behind a sleeping Tony with a bucket of icy cold water. He was wearing his signature smirk as he prepared to pour the bucket on the billionaire.

Your heart throbbed painfully and you took a deep breath, trying not to cry.

You failed.

Silent tears ran down your cheek as you looked at him.

He would have been 1,075 today.

You sat there for a little over an hour before kissing each picture gently and blowing out the candles.

"I love you so much" you whispered, tears tickling down your face. You sniffled and stood up slowly, climbing into bed.

You gently grabbed the small bag you kept underneath your pillow and hugged it, rolling over to face the shrine.

"Norns I love you" you whispered again, looking at the photos in the half dark as you slowly slipped into oblivion.

—————————————————
~ A Week Later ~

"Y/n!"

You kept walking, ignoring the voice of your sister as she ran frantically after you.

"What Eira?" You huffed, stopping and turning to face her. She almost crashed into you in her haste and skidded to a stop.

"It's from..." she panted, handing you a plain white envelope. "The Avengers."

You ripped open the letter to find three words written on it.

"We did it."

You immediately teleported back to Midgard, appearing in the living room you hadn't seen in so long.

There were shrieks and the sound of things breaking as you appeared, determinedly not looking at the couch.

"Where is he?" You demanded.

"Nice to see you too fl-"

"DO NOT, call me that" you interrupted, holding up a finger to Tony.

You sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. He called me that" You whispered and the others nodded in understanding.

"It's okay, we understand" Clint said quietly, smiling at you.

"Hey look it's the Queen lady!" Rocket said as he and Gamora walked in.

"Where are the others?" You questioned. They looked at the floor sadly.

"Now, we've figured out how to get them back. They should appear any second" Steve said hopefully, looking around the room.

There was silence.

Then suddenly Peter appeared with a gasp, crumbling away in reverse.

"Mr Stark?" He asked, looking around at all of you. "Mr Steve? Miss Y/n? What happened I-"