Chapter 82: Shiny Chariot...?

[Y/N POV]

Y/N: Avery! Mary! Blair!

I had caught up to Avery, Mary and Blair while I was following Akko. The three girls, all looked happy when they saw me.

Mary: Hey Y/N! There you are! We were just coming to look for you!

Y/N: Good, because I need your help!

Avery: What's wrong?! Calm down Y/N! You look like you've been running a marathon.

I took a minute to calm down and to breath before I began to talk again.

Y/N: I lost Akko. She saw something and I let her run after it...I've tried to follow her but she's just disappeared!

Blair: Oh...that's not good! Akko always seems to be at the root of everything problem!

Y/N: She isn't this time! The root of this problem has been something that has had me concerned for a while now. However, I should stop talking. I need to find her.

The best way to do that I reckoned, was to follow the growing mob of angry people.

Avery: We'll come with you Y/N!

Mary: Just to make sure you're safe!

Even though my father hadn't made any attempts to get to me for a while, it was still important to consider my safety.

So having these three come along with me made me feel more secure, but also nervous at the same time.

Y/N: Okay. And if anything happens, I'll be sure to protect you three!

They all nodded and we quickly resumed the search for Akko. Evading the protesters and growing violence as we went.

Y/N: I can understand that they are annoyed because of a goal, but to take it this far? That's way over the top!

Avery: I never thought people would get so mad over a game.

Y/N: It's football Avery...

That's all that I needed to say really.

We continued searching even as the sun went down.

Eventually, we bumped into Lotte and Sucy. But still...no Akko...

Lotte: Oh Y/N! Thank goodness! Have you seen Akko?!

I groaned loudly and facepalmed.

Y/N: That is exactly what I didn't want to hear! So you haven't seen her either?

Sucy: She was with us a little while ago, but then she just sorta vanished.

Y/N: Right so she can't be too far...still that's such a pain! I let her go too far! Damnit....

I only hoped that she wasn't going to get hurt out here by herself. It was dangerous here with the protests going on.

However, these protests quickly looked as if they were about to turn into full scale riots.

Y/N: We have to be quick. We can't stand around here. Let's split up and try and find her.

We split up into pairs to search the area. Lotte went with Sucy, Mary went with Blair and I was with Avery.

I also sent Kilo and Archimedes out on their own to search as well. They were both trustworthy enough.

I hoped so anyway.

Avery: You really are the best thing to happen to all of us...

I looked at her.

Y/N: Y-you think so?