A Taste of Indulgence

Small traces of spring were beginning to sprout from the cold, gloomy clutches of winter—the frigid season getting ready to go into a temporary hibernation until next year.

A vibrant sun had already set, but a pleasant temperature lingered in its wake. The air was warm and smelled of sweet flowers. Thick coats were swapped for the occasional light jacket; maybe even a thin sweater.

It was the type of weather that made people want to go out and do something fun. And that's exactly why Alessandro closed Bale's Path to Fashion early.

He stayed behind to finish up some paperwork, while everyone else left for the day. The hour hadn't even reached six o'clock, yet the building was deserted. Because of that, a certain mask had the opportunity to be taken off in the workplace. 

Doing so was strange because it didn't happen very often in public spaces.

Just being Alessandro, without hiding in the familiar confines of his home, felt foreign. He felt like he still needed to uphold the facade even with no one watching him. Even so, an honest attempt was made to relax despite the difficulty that came along with physically trying.

A patterned tie was loosened. Plastic buttons were unclasped and revealed a black undershirt. Slicked back hair had been ruffled until thick strands fell forward. Shoulders were drooped. Writing was slow. A mostly consumed cup of coffee sat near the scratched up electric stapler.

Alessandro felt like he was doing work from home rather than doing so in his office.

The mental image of being in his own space helped to provide some additional comfort.

Fortunately, a sense of relief only heightened when the elevator doors opened at the end of the hall, and Lance strolled into the lobby with his hands in his pockets.

He wore a dark green bomber jacket atop a black T-shirt. Light gray joggers were tucked into his signature pair of boots. Wavy bangs fell down either side of his face—more so on the left—and framed his cheeks. Long hair was pulled into a low over-the-shoulder ponytail.

He looked completely stunning despite not even really trying.

"Hey, hey, Mr. Boss Man."

"Evening, Lance," Alessandro greeted with a smile.

"You almost done there?"

"Just about, yeah. Why?"

"Are you busy after work?"

"Depends on who's asking."

"Just little old me."

"If that's the case, then no. I'm not busy."

"Perfect.~" Lance grinned. "Want to hang out?"

That wasn't something Alessandro expected to hear.

He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming. After coming to the conclusion that, yes, he was awake, he motioned for Lance to explain.

"Donovan's out of town until tomorrow, and all of my friends are busy. It's nice out, and I didn't want to waste such a nice evening by doing nothing. So I was wondering if you wanted to stop by Heatwave with me for a couple drinks?"

"I suppose I do owe you one." Alessandro chuckled. "Sure. Sounds like fun."

"Really? Oh, okay. Awesome. I, uh- I expected a little more resistance on your part."

"Come on now. We both know I spoil you."

Jovial laughter filled the open space of an otherwise quiet office.