47. I'm Busy, Ducklings

YEONHEE'S POV

"Well, err-"

His peering gaze looked up at me with curiosity bubbling inside him every passing second. His eyes feigning pure innocence and there wasn't a hint that he was joking.

"Yes?" His fingers impatiently taped against the phone screen, as if mocking me for my silence on this topic.

'Hear this? These are seconds. Wasted. Waiting for you'

Ohohoho, I totally did not just imagine him saying that to me.

"Jungkook, how 'bout we talk next day hmm? I've got an important meeting tomorrow morning and I want to call it an early night, does that sound good?" I suggested, trying my best to escape this subject.

He simply hummed in response and went back to his phone and for this time, I was actually grateful that he did because I'm very sure I can't handle a bunny casually cursing and random people.

Of course, I'm not gonna actually tell him what that means.

As I was about to head to my room once again, I heard a whisper that was definitely directed towards me.

"Lies, you are just an intern. And interns don't do meetings." And I heard a scoff followed by his very offending statement.

Oh I was so cross.

Cracking my knuckles, I shut the door behind me and locked it so that damn bunny boy couldn't enter my room if he felt cold. Serves him right for the insult thrown at me.

✧ :゚・*°•»------🍷------«•°*・゚: ✧

The nasty sunlight pierced my eyes as I woke up to an unpleasant morning. My lonely figure was sprawled across the bed like starfish. It was just a minute for the goddamn alarm to ring and I thought that I could catch a wink of sleep.

But however, that 'wink' seemed to last longer than I had imagined it to be.

I thought that I was awake just a little bit before the alarm went off and this would help my brain to clear a little bit since I always feel extremely drained and dead after being woken by the alarm.

It would be nice, getting up on time and doing the same ol' ritual to the time when I can calmly go to work without much hassle.

But I clearly underestimated my body.

That minute of sleep turned out to be an hour and I only managed to get up from my deep slumber when I heard loud banging on the door of my room.

"Noona! You're late to work! I thought you had a meeting today!" Cried the muffled voice behind the door and I'd be mistaken by his absolute try to mock me for concern if he didn't add the 'meeting' part.

Groaning, I let my feet dangle off the bed and let out a yawn. I search for my phone beneath the pillow and my skin came in contact with a cold rectangular box. I switched it on and I swear my heart just dropped.

30 minutes till clock-in.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumbled the word again and again like a mantra while hurrying towards the bathroom. Jungkook was still banging his fits on the poor door and he might've broken it if I didn't open it in time.

"What is it?!" I flung open the door whilst drying my hair.

He licked his lips to moisten them and I couldn't help but stare at the cherry red lips. The milky white skin contrasting to the cupid bow-shaped lips with a mole to top it off. My jaw clenched but I resisted the urge to do what I was thinking.