Finale: Faulty Escapade

Yeonhee quickly adjusted the belt over her body to make it seem like she was still tied as the lights automatically turned back on. The numbers were still fresh on her mind as she repeated it like a mantra to not forget it. It was an eight-digit long passcode and it would quite create a problem to forget it when he helped her out so much.

Though she agrees that he's not in her good books yet but he did help her to the extent that she could easily get out of this place with enough wit and speed. Not to outrule the fact it was partly his fault that they landed up caged in here.

"Oh good lord, what did I do to deserve this?" She whispered to herself, regret and grief evident in her tone.

The intercom switched on and in came the ringing of the voice she despised so much. The voice, that used to giver her joy and made her feel like home, was now just a barren land with withered tree and a pair of glowing eyes staring off in the distance.

"Quite a break you got back there. Must've felt relief, didn't you?"

He wasn't even a tad bit apologetic about the deeds he did. Seems like he'll never learn. Even life goes against him, he'll stay true to his motives and will not falter. That's the thing that was admirable about him but he proved herself wrong, he was adamant in achieving his dreams which was good in a sense, but also disagreeable to the society.

The contradiction was real, she didn't know whether she should support him or not. The cause to do these things was good but— as they say, there are always two sides of a coin.

She doesn't know where did this conflicted thought overtook her mind. She was completely against it but now, she is giving it a second thought. But she doesn't want to do so, it's just her mind making it seem like this was all for a good reason. Maybe Seokjin will be able to develop the chemical in the future and we wouldn't have the face the situation of abandoned children like we do today.

But what about till then? How many more children will lose their lives?

She doesn't know.

The decision she makes know will affect her future. She feel like she's standing at a junction within the yellow wood. Dry hues of red, orange and yellow lay on the floor like a carpet. There are two roads diverging to the woods where it bent undergrowth. She's confused about which one to take, she knows that she will be safe and sound if she goes where the crowd went but, what about the deserted one?

Yeonhee counted seconds meticulously until she spotted Jungkook stirring ever so slightly. His eyebrows furrowed as he blinked rapidly to adjust to the lighting and swallowed when he felt his throat icky and dry.

To see him conscious, she was overjoyed. He did look quite more energetic then he did before, maybe Seokjin gave him a sedative to keep it easier for them to shift him from one place to another without a hassle.

"Noo-Noona?" His sounded weak. Tremendously weak. Tired. Exhausted, were the correct adjectives to describe his state. She also doubted if this incident left a mental scar on his mind.

"Yes it's me. I'm here, okay? Don't worry. It will be okay." She said those words to assure him that she's with him even when no one's with her.

Her heart snapped right into two as he looked at her tiredly. No words were exchanged yet she knew that it was too much. They were beginning to give up. For how long do they will have keep fighting to live in a sinking ship? But Yeonhee knew that if she wants to save the ship, she has to do something quick.