Nightmare

warning: the following chapter contains abuse and strong language.

y/n's pov:

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

"YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS Y/N!"

please don't hurt me

______________________________________________

My eyes snap open. I was covered in cold sweat and my heart was pounding like crazy. I felt a soft hand brush my back.

Chris: "Y/n, are you ok?"

I turn my head to see Chris. He looked at me worried.

y/n: "Y-yeah, I'm fine I just had a n-nightmare."

Chris: "No, you're not fine! You're sweating, breathing heavily, and you won't stop shaking. You kept screaming "please don't hurt me" in your sleep. What's that about?"

y/n: "I- It was nothing."

Chris: "Your face is all red let me get you some water."

Chris gets out of bed but before he could leave, I scream...

y/n: "NO!"

Chris turns to face me.

y/n: "Please d-don't leave me a-alone."

He climbs in bed next to me and holds me.

Chris: "You can tell me anything y/n."

I look up at Chris as he gives me a kiss on my forehead. I felt like I could trust Chris.

y/n: "I always have the same reoccurring nightmare."

I pause trying to build up the courage to tell Chris.

y/n: "I've never told anyone this except my parents. Please don't tell anyone else."

Chris: "I won't."

I took a deep breath.

y/n: "Three years ago I met this guy. We confessed our love for each other and started dating. I thought this "guy" loved me back, but I was wrong....

______________________________________________

3 years ago:

I ran into my room locking the door behind me. The doorknob starts rattling and I hear banging at the door.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR! RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS Y/N! JUST OPEN IT! I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

y/n: "Please d-don't hurt me."

I cry out. The banging stops.

"I'm sorry y/n, I won't hurt you. I love you. Just please open the door so I can give you a hug and we can forget about this."

I open the door.

_____________________________________________

End of flashback:

I started tearing up.

y/n: "I'm such a f-fucking idiot for opening the d-door. I though he l-loved me and w-wouldn't hurt me."

The tears start streaming down my cheeks as Chris wipes them.

y/n: "He would hit me e-every day and swore if I told anyone he would r-ruin my life. I stayed with him for 2 years before I couldn't take it anymore. I called the cops on him."

Chris: "I- I am so s-sorry y/n"

I wipe up my tears before continuing...

y/n: "I used to have this nightmare every night when he was locked up in jail."

Chris's pov:

y/n: "So my parents took me to therapy, and I've gotten much better."

All these thoughts were running through my head. Shit Chris say something to comfort her! 

y/n: "I stopped having the nightmares, but now they have come back."

Chris: "Do you know why?"

y/n: "Not really."

Chris: "is it me?"

y/n looks down.

y/n: "When you held me on the couch it felt like I was with him again."

Chris: "I'm sorry I shouldn't have held you-"

y/n: "But I liked it."

I look at y/n and give her another kiss on the forehead.

y/n: "Can you come with me to get water?"

Chris: "Of course."

Me and y/n walk over to the kitchen as she opens the fridge door to grab a bottle of water. She starts chugging it down. Damn she must've been really thirsty.

y/n was too scared to be left alone when I said I was going to get her water. Now she's asking me to come with her to get water from the kitchen. She must be terrified. All I want to do is hug her and make sure she feels safe.

y/n: "Thank you Chris."

Chris: "For what?"

y/n: "For listening to me and comforting me. I really appreciate it."

Chris: "Well I didn't really do much."

I scratch the back of my head nervously.

y/n: "I don't expect you to know what to do in this kind of situation so it's ok if you didn't do as much as you thought you should've."

y/n walks over to me and gives me a hug. I hugged her back, placing my chin on her head.

y/n: "I'm just glad I have a good friend who I can trust.

Chris: "I'm glad I could help."

Soon after we heard footsteps, it was Nick.

Nick: "Morning guys!"

Chris and y/n: "Morning."

Nick: "I'm going to make some breakfast!"

Nick runs around the kitchen grabbing bowls and different ingredients to start cooking.

Nick: "I'm making pancakes!!!"

y/n: "OH I LOVE PANCAKES! Let me help you. You got any blueberries? My brother loves them in his pancakes."

As y/n and Nick were making pancakes I couldn't help but notice how happy y/n looked even though she was just crying 10 minutes ago.

Chris: "I'm gonna go empty my bladder!!"

Nick: "Ew just say you gotta use the bathroom."

I laugh as I head over to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and just stand there looking in the mirror. I thought about what y/n said earlier:

y/n: "I'm just glad I have a good friend who I can trust.

Friend...

She only sees me as a friend?